We are looking for a Support Officer to join our established project team based in Kuehne + Nagel Drinks Logistics office in Hams Hall. Kuehne+Nagel Drinks Logistics (KNDL) is the business unit dedicated to the supply, storage and distribution of drinks to both on trade customers (pubs and clubs) and off trade customers (supermarkets, wholesalers)
This role is to support a large-scale programme of works within this business unit to implement changes in relation to IT systems, distribution network infrastructure and changes in ways of working. The successful candidate will provide PMO support to the Programme Manager and ad hoc support to project leads to enable them to focus on delivery of project workload. General UK flexibility to travel is mandatory depending on project requirements. This is a fixed term role of 12 months with the potential of extension of a further 6-12 months
· Responsible for tracking and analysing information on the progress of the programme and projects with the use of PowerPoint, Access, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and other IT packages
· Align work to CTI project management methodology including co-ordinating the production of reports and presentations for the PMO as required
· Use knowledge and experience to provide a focus on business excellence, continuous improvement, operational efficiency and customer service
· Assisting the Programme Manager with all aspects of administration such as preparation of meeting Project Status Reports (PSR’s), completion of meeting minutes, filing, booking rooms or travel, maintaining risk and issue logs, configuration management etc.
· Preparation of project plans taking the outputs of meetings and drafting PBS, WBS, OBS etc. which all feed into design of the network structure
· Receive reports and update schedules, project trackers and milestones enabling the PMO plans to be kept up to date and highlight to the Programme Manager any problems that may require intervention
· Prepare and attend workshops / meetings to support the Programme Manager in capturing actions and leaving the Programme Manager bandwidth to facilitate and lead the meeting
· Provide a central repository for project tools and expertise and guidance how to use as required by the programme/project teams e.g. NDA, planning templates, up to date versions, agendas etc.
Your Skills and Experiences
· Experience of working in a project environment with a good understanding of basic warehouse and transport operations with systems implementation experience an added value
· Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products to a high standard, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio and Microsoft Project
· Evidence of recording of meeting discussions, actions and decisions with attention to detail
· Ability to organize, plan and analyse large amounts of data whilst working to key milestones
· Basic knowledge of project management methodology such as creation of project plans, management of risk and issue logs, configuration management and support of quality and assurance
· Evidence of previously being able to influence and persuade project team members to adopt project governance methodology and achieve timelines
· Ability to flex and change style as empowered to work with colleagues to identify ways of achieving continuous improvements and maintain project standards
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with evidence of communication (written and verbal) at all levels
· Self-motivated and ability to work independently with little direction
Good Reasons to Join
We think that this is a great opportunity to support a high-profile centre of excellence, and we are looking forward to reviewing applications from candidates who are committed to success and delivering an excellent service. In return, we are offering a competitive salary with a company car, and you will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.