Requisition ID: 2051180611
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Scientist, Computational Biology, Oncology Translational Research located in Spring House, PA.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
The Scientist, Computational Biology, Oncology Translational Research will provide data analysis and Computational Biology support for the Oncology therapeutic area. This individual will work in close collaboration with scientists in Translational Research, Discovery, Clinical Development, and Discovery Sciences to analyze, integrate, and interpret high dimensional data from a variety of platforms including next-generation sequencing, gene expression microarrays, CyTOF, SNP arrays, RBM, and flow cytometry panels.
He/she will provide oncology data analysis and computational biology support to identify disease mechanisms, mechanism of action for therapeutic interventions, and candidate biomarkers for the Oncology TA. This candidate will also be responsible for the management and curation of biomarker data from studies across Oncology. He/she will also collaborate with R&D IT to implement informatics systems that address the Oncology TA needs.
• Perform real-time bioinformatics and statistical analysis, visualization, and data interpretation for Oncology Disease Area Strongholds (DAS).
• Use statistical and machine learning methods to identify prognostic and predictive biomarker signatures from high dimensional biological data.
• Integrate data from external (e.g. NCBI Entrez, NCBI GEO, TCGA/ICGC, dbGaP/EGA, UCSC Genome Browser, Ingenuity) and internal sources, including clinical biomarker data.
• Evaluate and develop novel algorithms and approaches for data analysis.
• Communicate results to bench scientists, clinicians, and management in an appropriate biological context.
• Participate in Disease Area Stronghold meetings and proactively support related Bioinformatics and Computational Biology projects.
• Maintain compliance with all internal requirements for data integrity and reproducible research, actively interface with the internal and external scientific and technical community, and participate in technology evaluations and software/database usage training.