Description de l'offre
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Cell Biology in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in multiple disciplines including cellular pharmacology, chemistry, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
In this exciting role, you will:
· Learn and apply early drug discovery approaches in a multidisciplinary team environment.
· Develop innovative cell-based approaches to screening and hit triage using high-content imaging, high-throughput flow cytometry, 3D cell culture and co-culture methods.
· Develop strategies to characterize hits and identify novel targets from phenotypic screens, using techniques such as phosphoprotein profiling, gene expression profiling and genetic manipulation.
· Collaborate extensively with program teams and computational colleagues to analyze different types of assay data, and identify the most promising compounds in early Hit-to-Lead programs.
· Analyze data and present results at program team meetings.
· Attend and present data at in-house seminars and external scientific conferences.
· Publish research in high-quality journals, as appropriate.
· A minimum of a Ph.D in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or related field is required
· A minimum of 2 years of postdoctoral experience is preferred.
· Significant experience using state-of-the-art cell-based assay development techniques is required.
· A demonstrated ability to apply novel approaches to understand biological pathways, as evidenced through strong peer-reviewed publications, is required.
· Experience using high content imaging and/or flow cytometry is desired.
· Familiarity with CAS/CRISPR and RNAi approaches is preferred.
· Experience with protein and gene expression profiling is preferred.
· Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and oral presentation skills are required.
· Experience in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience and/or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred.
· Experience working with and/or guiding external collaborators in industry or academia is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.