Johnson & Johnson family of Companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 117,000 people. Our companies develop and market products in three business segments: CONSUMER, MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICALS and we turnover in excess of $91 Billion.
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France is a leader company in the cosmetic field with renowned brands such as RoC, Neutrogena or Le Petit Marseillais. We are seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow to join our R&D center in Normandie.
The Postdoctoral Scientist will assist in cultivating a culture of innovation, performing cutting-edge biomimicry research and developing an early biomimicry-related science within the Naturals platform.
The responsibilities of the Postdoctoral Scientist will include:
· Partner with the Naturals team to propose relevant models and systems to assess nature inspired solutions and functions and their applicability/translation to consumer benefits.
· Utilize consumer insights to derive specific unmet needs and conduct research to identify and de-risk biomimicry-based solutions.
· Develop deep understanding of the Biomimicry landscape by reviewing various data sources and intellectual property, networking with external key opinion leaders/experts across Academia, Biotech and other key organizations and recommending potential collaboration/engagement strategies.
· Work closely in a team environment, as well as independently to develop experimental study plans and proof-of-concept translational experiments in collaboration with internal and external partners.
· Design and execute projects, including the preparation of data analysis and interpretation summaries, technical and invention reports and external publications (e.g., meeting presentations, manuscripts, patent applications, etc.).
· Ensure compliance with internal quality/safety SOPs, including Healthcare Compliance policies as well as the highest standards of laboratory best practices.