OVERVIEW: The Maintenance Mechanic assists in the repair and/or installation of various facility related items, systems and/or components as may be required (e.g. broken windows, roofs, building structures, floors, hand rails, stairs, lighting systems, HVAC units, electrical units/service (120/240/480), plumbing/sewer systems, metal fabrication, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
· Performs facility and grounds related functions as may be required for the purpose of preserving facilities in a healthy, attractive and safe condition.
· Assists other grounds and maintenance personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
· Performs assigned painting tasks as directed for the purpose of maintaining attractive facilities and minimizing damage.
· Installs system component parts, classroom and office equipment and facility components as may be required for the purpose of maintaining facilities in a safe, comfortable and operating condition.
· Cleans and performs minor repairs of gutters, drains and scuppers for the purpose of ensuring proper operation and adequate drainage.
· Safely operates and maintains shop tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
· Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
· Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
· Conducts self in an appropriate manner, working effectively in a diverse manufacturing work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
· Performs other related work as required and assigned.
Requirements (Skills and Abilities):
· High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.), with 2-3 years of related work experience.
· All applicants must possess a valid and current Michigan Driver’s License.
· Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability and desire to learn.
· Ability to obtain certification to operate powered vehicular equipment such as, but not limited to, burden carriers, fork trucks, aerial lifts, etc.
· Must possess a reasoning ability to deal with problems involving a few known variables in routine situations.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Possess the ability to interpret maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams and other documents and to safely operate all company equipment.
· Position requires sitting, standing, walking on level and slippery surfaces, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, grasping and making repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties.
· The position also requires both near and far vision when inspecting work and operating assigned equipment.
· The need to lift, carry and push tools, equipment and supplies weighing 25 pounds or more is also required.
· Additionally, the position requires work to be performed in all weather conditions including wet, hot and cold.
· The individual may use cleaning and lubricating chemicals, which may expose the employee to fumes or airborne particles, and may be exposed to mechanical and electrical hazards.
· The nature of the work also requires the individual to climb ladders, use power and noise producing tools and equipment, drive motorized vehicles and heavy equipment, work in heavy vehicle traffic conditions and often work with constant interruptions.
· Ability to work overtime as necessary to meet service demands.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to work on a variety of tasks with frequent interruption.
· Ability to interact with staff and others in an open, friendly manner.
· Ability to follow complex instructions with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to follow regulations pertaining to the safe operation of equipment.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.