Corporate Solutions Client Finance
About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We shape the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 93,000 individuals and believe a diverse and inclusive culture is one where everyone succeeds. That’s why we’re committed to creating an environment where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential.
With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL.
What this job involves
Our Accounting Associate performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records, and reports, annual audit, and year end closing; and provides assistance to assigned clients and/or groups.
What this job involves:
· Perform month-end and year-end close activities, from balance sheet and cash account reconciliations to financial statement preparation.
· Prepare monthly financial package and submit timely to the Finance & Accounting Manager, for review and approval in order to finalize reporting within the proper time frame for review.
· Prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a 3 to 4 property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client. Prepare additional schedules, which are required to support account balances or are specifically required by owners.
· Submit financial statements and work papers in reviewable form (including documentation) and within the proper time frame for review.
· Ensure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on all outstanding checks and reconciling items monthly.
· Perform reconciliation and true-up of funding vs. actual expenditures.
· Prepare and properly document journal entries.
· Prepare and track accruals and accrual entries.
· Assist with Budgets and Forecasts as needed.
· Assist with the calculation of fees (i.e. Management and Incentive) as needed.
· Responsible for cash management of assigned properties.
· Ensure compliance with both Jones Lang LaSalle Internal Audit and Client Accounting Services SAS 70 internal review standards
Sound like you? Before you apply it’s worth knowing what we are looking for:
· A degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 0-2 years accounting experience
· Strong accounting and analytical skills
· Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced user of Excel (charts, pivot tables, lookups)
· Experience with JD Edwards platform, PeopleSoft or other real estate financial applications desired
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and time management skills
· Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
· Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
· Ability to multitask, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs
· Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
· Understanding of and commitment to client services
· A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
What you can expect from us
We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
#LI - SW1
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.