J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
As an Application Developer Lead, you will support the development and management of the investment initiatives and the ongoing enhancement of the Fund Administration Technology suite of applications. Expectations include significant application development experience, strong project planning, proven background in managing client requirements and expectations, knowledge of mutual fund services or related business and a good understanding of risk management and application security.
As part of the JPMC Technology Group, ensure project objectives are in support of audit and information risk policies. Define purpose, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success, manage the project estimating activity, manage the development life cycle and deliver a quality product.
This role requires strong people management and communication skills to ensure quality deliveries from our globally distributed development teams. Lead the post-implementation review evaluating project results, including client satisfaction. Promote effective teamwork and manage the resolution of interpersonal issues.
You will participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Additionally, you will document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules.
You will participate in implementation reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
· 9 + years of Application Development Experience
· Strong technical knowledge with 7+ years of experience in Microsoft .NET framework, C#, MVC, WCF and ASP.NET coding
· 9 + years of object oriented design skills and familiarity with advanced design patterns and practices
· 9 + years of SQL Server/Oracle application development and a strong database design and development skills
· 3 + years of SSRS/Business Objects /Crystal Reporting and SSIS/ETL tools experience
· Proven experience in building scalable and robust applications
· Experience in building applications using SOA utilizing Microsoft technologies
· Strong infrastructure knowledge including windows servers, web servers, firewalls, load balancers etc.,
· Should be a hands on Agile practitioner
· Experience with Source Control Tools and Task management tools
· Experience with Sharepoint / Portal technologies is a plus
· Minimum 10 years of combined business, project management, team leadership and IT experience required
· Ability to develop strong internal and external client relationships
· Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups with strong team management, leadership and mentoring skills
· Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience; Advanced degree preferred