Corporate & Investment Bank - Oversight & Control - Location Control Officer - Associate - Paris
The Location Control Officer is part of the Regional control Office which is responsible for the implementation of the regional control framework and local governance process across all locations and lines of business, driving risk and control improvement and providing a holistic and aggregated view of all aspects of operational risk and control at the location and regional level.
The Paris Location Control Officer will be will be responsible for delivering the functional objectives as well as local requirements in relation to permanent control as follows:
· Support co-ordination of permanent control requirements including maintenance of the legal entity risk map and consolidated permanent control plan and metrics; administration and co-ordination of the monthly permanent control forum
· Execute permanent control testing/reviews in support of French Regulatory requirements in accordance with the yearly defined plan and methodology. Validate the results of the control assurance performed for the activities off-shore
· Ensure adequate understanding of issues and monitor with LoB owners control gaps and remediation ensuring satisfactory resolution of issues is recorded in governance forums and corporate systems
· Participate in the production of the yearly internal control report due the French regulator in relation to the permanent control section
· Embedding the governance model in the location including the provision of secretariat support, administration and co-ordination for location governance meetings
· Support Internal and External Audit and Compliance work in the execution of operational risk control reviews.
· Ensure regulatory matters are managed and escalated in accordance with Control protocols
· Provide support to control officers and compliance relating to regulatory visits for to operational risk controls.
· Production of management information including metrics and reporting on operational risk control matters.
· Provide feedback on lessons learned and reviews
· Background in permanent control, controls oversight, compliance, risk or audit is strongly preferred.
· Spoken and written French is strongly preferred
· Strong coordination, analytical, quantitative and review skills;
· Attention to details and accuracy.
· Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication, relationship building and influencing skills;
· Proactive, self starter able to consistently deliver work of a high standard whilst under pressure, comfortable working independently in a dynamic and challenging environment.
· Team player who works well with colleagues of all levels in achieving results.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.