Do you see yourself as a part time Maintenance Utility person? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
We are IHG Army Hotels located on Fort Leavenworth Army Base Leavenworth, KS. We are the Largest Holiday Inn Express in the United States. We have 308 rooms located at 214 Grant Ave. We cater to the Military, Military Families and Civilians as well..
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Your day to day
Performs simple maintenance and cleaning duties in guest rooms, public areas and grounds of the hotel that do not require practical skill or knowledge of a trade.
Perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Complete minor work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipe lines, toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc. Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned.
· Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
· Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper operation and maximum efficiency.
· Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
· Maintain front entrance area, parking lot and/or garage, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner.
· Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sport facilities (including property signs and lighting)
· Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
· Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
· Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
· Assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
You must be able to pass a Federal Background Check via the Military Installation to access the base. Have a valid Driver’s License.
Basic reading and writing skills
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying, lifting, pulling or pushing items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
· Frequently standing up and moving about the buildings and grounds
· Frequently handling objects and equipment
· Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling
· Working knowledge of basic non-skilled maintenance tasks such as plunging toilets, changing light bulbs and replacing faucet washers.
· Working knowledge of lawn/plant care equipment and tools.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive instructions for the day or to read equipment safety/repair manuals.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Work Area: Hotel buildings and grounds
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.
What we offer
· Vacation pay
· Personal time (Full Time Only)