Role Title: UK TA Services Administrator
New or Existing Role- New
· Working within a UKTA Investor Services Correspondence team providing a range of services for a combination of retail and institutional investors. Primary focus will be supporting the multi channel servicing of Investor queries received via email, in writing, generated from phone calls where written work items and investiagtion work is required and web chat. The services will typically support multiple Asset Managers with a range of products (OEICS, Unit Trusts, ISAs, Investment Trusts) and there will be quality controls and oversight and maker/checker processes in place. There will be occasions where telephone cover is required at busy periods so looking for flexibility and adaptability to switch between correspondence and phones when requied.
Impact on Business
· Be the voice of the customer, maintaining open and transparent communication with customers.
· Be a partner of choice for Business Partner in delivering superlative support and service.
· Alert all key stake-holders on high risk, sensitive customer complaints that impact the Group's reputation and participate in steps taken to remedy process, policy, systems as applicable.
· Key role for the delivery of a cohesive service to our clients and their investors.
· Day to day processing of activities within the department to ensure that all tasks are processed in accordance with agreed procedures and controls and in accordance with relevant fund parameters.
· Understanding of the business and keeping abreast of development in the market.
· Suggest and implement improvements to the Transfer Agency processes and procedures in consultation
Customers / Stakeholders
· Best in class service delivery in managing queries from customers through multiple channels, across all levels of escalation
· Resolution of customer requests and queries within the framework of Customer Fairness Principles
Leadership & Teamwork
· Ensure consistent delivery across all customer-facing teams
· Highest skill levels, in engaging customers in writing and over the phone as required
· Collaborative approach to support one team ethic.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Adherence to the daily operation policy and procedure, no breach in Company's policy
· Ensure escalation process is adhered too.
· Ensure adherence to procedures and FIMs including Compliance policies and Internal Controls.
· Ensure new business or new processes are understood.
· Be aware of the business practices and processes associated with the role, and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
· Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role, and ensure that all actions during your employment with HSBC take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
· Maximising client satisfaction whilst maintaining a stable and controlled service model in a challenging environment.
· Ensuring consistency in the process across Clients.
· Keep abreast with the latest development in the rules and regulations by the regulators of the various markets and to identify the implications involved to the current processes.
· Effectively mitigate identified Operational Risks.
· Comply with Group's Statutory Audit standards.
· Ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained.
· Environment of the Role
· A dynamic role providing the job holder with exposure to key Stakeholders.
· With the expansion of the product into the UK Market, the business is expected to go through a period of significant growth which will be followed by a period of stability.
· The GDTA team plays a very important role in HSS Edinburgh's service differentiation and ultimate client satisfaction.
· This role operates in a highly time critical environment and is required to be fully involved in processing of trades (subscription and redemptions), reporting and settlements activities, corporate actions, fund price and other activities relating transfer agency functions which includes (but not limited to):
· 100% of time spent in processing / technical aspects of the process
Management of Risk
· The jobholder will ensure that risk controlled quality service to our customers and their shareholders is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
· The jobholder will also continually assist the Management in reassessing the operational risks inherent in the business. Any actions to address risks if any should be driven by the jobholder in conjunction with the actions formulated by the Management.
Observation of Internal Controls
· The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
· The jobholder will help management implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Regional Compliance Officer and/or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy and Global Standards.
· This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures. Also, the jobholder will need to assist management by providing all relevant information to them about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity for management to reach out to relevant stakeholders.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Relevant experience in a contact center team, email and written contact experience with customers is essential
· Previous experience in Investor/Shareholder Services/Transfer Agency or UK Funds industry is desirable.
· Excellent verbal and written communication is essential and ability to work on phone calls (inbound and outbound as required.
· Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deadline is essential.
· Relevant experience in the financial services industry is desirable.
· Strong business sense and awareness of the key risk areas of the business.
· Practical experience of process reviews and re-engineering required.
· Strong inter-personal and decision making skills and the ability and vision to drive teams forward and lead from the front.
· Service oriented and customer focused.
· Ability to ensure deadlines, controls and procedures are adhered to.
· Ability to analyses issues, and organize and proactively contribute to the team
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Strong attention to detail.
· Flexible and adaptable.
· Ongoing membership and continued professional development is a core requirement of the role including commitment to CPD and ongoing learning (this will likely require membership of an appropriate professional body and continuing development to maintain membership)
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.