Highlights of department:
The Global Banking & Markets (GB&M) Finance IT team is a team responsible for the definition and delivery of product control and finance systems across HSBC's four hubs: HK. London. Paris and NY. The team are engaged in the definition, development and implementation of Product Control's strategic P&L analysis and reporting system, off-market rate checking system and Finance's reconciliation systems, general ledger posting engine and regulatory reporting systems.
Members of the team tend to get involved in several projects at once like – Solvent Wind Down and FinRep which are regulatory requirements and are very critical.
In addition to the finance driven projects, the team are also responsible for the analysing the impact of front-office and back-office driven programmes on Finance systems.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE ( in order of importance )
Including: Education, technical knowledge (number of years), company/industry experience, IT knowledge (levels required), languages etc.
· Disciplined and methodical approach to analysis with a software engineering or computer science background (either at degree level or working for a software company)
· Total 13+ Years of IT experience and at least 5+ years of experience in technology delivering Global projects/programs.
· Business intelligence expertise and technical skills to successfully deliver Data Integration and Business Intelligence solutions based on Pentaho BI Platform.
· Expertise in development in Pentaho suite including Pentaho Kettle, Pentaho Metadata Editor, Pentaho Report Designer, Schema Workbench and Pentaho BI configuration.
· Deep working and demonstrable experience in the use of data integration / transformation tooling and Report designing.
· Experience in administration and configuring / maintenance of multiple Pentaho environments.
· Exposure to Performance tuning approaches/techniques.
· Hands-on experience in developing high performance data warehouse/data mart Oracle solutions.
· Strong hands on experience on Oracle 11.x & above.
· Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and a natural understanding of data related structures, technologies and processes
· Strong skills in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL and well versed with optimization and tuning features.
· Good knowledge of Product Control processes like P&L Analysis, P&L Explain, Valuation Control, Business Finance Control, P&L Attribution etc.
· Understanding of Financial reporting and Regulatory processes are required.
· Working across regions and functions; challenging regulatory time scales and managing multiple requirements.
· Hands-on experience on automation tools like Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Control-M is required.
· Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) programming practice.
· Worked in a multi-vendor environment with mix of vendor, in house and own build solutions.
· Demonstrable experience in aligning IT strategy to business outcomes.
· Prior experience as Agile lead.
· Assist IT & business stakeholders in their appreciation of Agile and DevOps working practices and providing the appropriate training and support to maximise their contribution.
· Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
· Knowledge of Global Markets and Financial Products.
Including: Interpersonal skills, management, leadership, communications, sales, planning and organising, project management skills etc.
· Positively influence others to achieve results that support the outcomes of the programme and of the wider bank in general
· Person who thrives on transforming technology and teams, by employing innovation, for better business outcome
· Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the project.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and spoken) – comfortable with detail and needs to be able to summarise and tailor relevant detail to the audience.
· Promote a positive work culture based on respect for people, integrity of actions, creativity and collaboration leading to increased productivity
· Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
Ideal candidate profile