Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC’s wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join the INM WPB team.
The purpose of the May I Help You is to focus on ensuring the highest level of customer service to the customers visiting the Branch. This service for Premier Customers should be of Global Premier Standards
May I Help You will be responsible for meeting and greeting all customers to set a lasting impression, while at the same time providing emergency services to local and global premier customers. To understand customers banking needs to further generate leads and cross-sell references which can be converted by premier staff. The May I Help You will also be responsible for educating customers about the bank, our products, maintaining premier centre hygiene etc and ensure quicker turnaround times in the lobby so that customers are not kept waiting
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Typical Targets and Measures
Impact on the business
· Branch hygiene standards
· By following-up with customers on their service experience and suggesting new initiatives which can be implemented to improve service quality.
· By ensuring that the Emergency encashment process & documentation is followed as per the required guidelines & for Premier as per the Global Premier guidelines.
· By following-up to ensure progress on the sales activity post customer hours.
· By migrating routine customer transactions to alternate delivery channels through ongoing customer education
· By providing able support to the RMs and Service Managers
Customers / Stakeholders
· Ensure positive customer experience and manage complaints / escalations
· By ensuring that the Standard greeting is practiced strictly for all customers
· By ensuring that the desk is manned at all times during customer hours
· By ensuring that the basic Premier proposition and benefits within Pillar 1 & 2 are offered to International Customers (8 Global Service Standard in particular) (Specific to Premier Customers)
· By directing customers by means of Warm transfer to the right PRM/PSM with details of Client’s name and purpose of visit stated for all Premier customers.
· By managing the customer traffic on the floor effectively, to ensure that the waiting period for customers is reduced.
· By consistently maintaining very high hygiene levels in the lobby & for Premier in line with Global Premier requirements
Leadership & Teamwork
· Establish mutual respect and trust in dealing with others
work as a team
- Effective communication by regular discussions and feedback
Operational effectiveness & control
· To effectively complete all operational responsibilities in line with internal & external guidelines post customer hours.
· Comply with the applicable laws, regulations, Group and local guidelines related to Sanctions and AML policy of HSBC while undertaking various day to day operations
· Remain alert and promptly report to the Sanctions Officer/ INM FCC office/ Line manager ( As applicable and required by the AML and sanction Policy) if a customer is found to be engaging in sanction evasion activities or violations of AML policy or any other related procedures.
· Understand the legal responsibility to be vigilant for unusual activity and reporting of the unusual activities
· Support the Country or Regional FCC AML Office/ AML Investigations by providing additional information when required
· Responsible for attending and successfully completing the AML and Sanctions related assigned training in the mandated timeframe
· Understanding the consequences of failing to attend or successfully complete the training as mandated by the AML Education Lead FCC;
· Requesting additional AML training that you deem necessary or appropriate to perform your jobs through your entity manager
· Demonstrate an understanding of PEP acceptance, prohibition, CDD & EDD guidelines in order to ensure that the INM RBWM is fully compliant with the PEP LoBP.
· Understand the relatively high reputational risk that arises from any perceived weaknesses in controls in respect of substantial cash deposits or withdrawals activity, wire transfer, monetary instruments and pouch and mail
· To be aware and Identify high risk indicators for various products and Services offered by INM RBWM example Cash, insurance, credit cards products etc
· Ensure that all records are obtained in respect of INM RBWM customers or New to bank customer for any products and services provided by HSBC are as per the process laid down.
· Must ensure that the prescribed process is being followed while dealing with non HSBC customers request for monetary instruments and wire transfers
· Ensure Adherence to the regulatory guidelines and internal AML & Sanction Policy of HSBC, which includes pouch and mail, monetary instruments, cash services and payment transparency Line of Business Procedures
· To be aware of AML risk posed by pouch and mail, Monetary instruments, cash services and wire transfer services and should undergo the mandatory training for the same
· Necessary remediation steps needs to be undertaken in case if there is any breach or non-adherence to the policy laid down in the LoBP
· Must undertake necessary due diligence to ensure that the nature of the transaction is in sync with the customer profile , else raise it to line manager for further clarification
· The staff must be aware of the scope of services of various products and services that are offered and those which are prohibited because of the guidelines laid down in the line of Business procedures and must ensure the same is communicated to customer in a effective and polite manner
· Ensure adequate due diligence is undertaken by the Individual/team to ensure that the nature of the various transactions of wire transfer, cash services, monetary instruments are in sync with customer profile
· To ensure all operations are carried out as per the laid down process
· By maintaining control over on various customer deliverables (Mention the deliverables managed)
· Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe group compliance policy, including timely implementation of recommendation made by internal /external auditor and external regulators.
· Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
Since the job holder is the 1 st point of contact for the customer, he/she would need to provide the highest level of service & in the case of premier customers this should be in line with the Global Premier Proposition
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
· Service proposition is a key differentiator in any retail business, and the jobholder needs to ensure a positive customer experience on a consistent basis.
· Needs to manage the platform service stream, and ensure increase in customer service quality.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
Adheres to processes and controls to identify and mitigate risks and ensures timely escalation of control issues and reputation risks.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner.
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget. in USD’000 )
· Is well organized and depicts professional image
· Displays close bonding with immediate team members and skillful association with support group colleagues
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role
· A graduate with 2 years of experience.
· Thorough knowledge of products and processes is essential
· The new branch structure necessitates that branches change from mere transaction outlets, to sales and service centres. Whilst the BM would drive this change, the May I Help You along with the DBM and the Service Managers would be responsible for customer service quality within the Branch
· The jobholder will need to ensure a positive customer experience on a consistent basis. The jobholder needs to understand the banks products and services and should be able to manage customers and teams sensitively to minimize conflicts. The May I Help You also needs to work within specified compliance norms and banking regulations related to product sales, specifications defined as per bank rules and HSBC business instruction manuals
· The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC.
· As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Diversity Statement, Data Protection and Entity Statement
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC) India