Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
· Maintain and develop relationships with Real Money accounts; with the focus being #1 with clients.
· Identify potential prospects and cultivate relationships.
· Assist with the implementation of FX e-based solutions.
· Connectivity with Traders and Research – facilitate client needs.
· Cross sell with various groups within Global Markets (Equities, Credit, Rates, EM, etc.)
· Work closely with portfolio managers and analysts to integrate HSBC's products into existing and prospective clients' investment process.
· Team player, able to back-up accounts and provide seamless coverage when desk is short-handed.
· Ensures compliance monitoring is in place, including processes for management of operational risk, in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards.
· Complete other related duties as assigned. Support the Company's Diversity programs.
· Uses initiative and independent judgement to analyze, problem solve and proactively respond to client issues.
· Expected to make the necessary decisions to carry out own job responsibilities and meet primary goals and objectives.
· Evaluates and escalates complex issues and/or problems to manager.
Management of Risk
· Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
· Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
· Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
· Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.