Role Title: Quantitative Investment Strategist
Business: Global Asset Management
New or Existing Role- Existing
· The role is part of our Global Investment Strategy Team, led by our Chief Strategist. The team is responsible for global macro and asset allocation research to support investment decision-making and to create thought leadership for clients and stakeholders. The Quant Investment Strategist will lead and conduct a variety of macro and investment strategy research projects, employing a top-down approach. She/He will work closely with investment analysts and PMs, and will contribute to the development of our House View, as well as other investment communications. The role has significant scope for business impact and career development over time.
Impact on Business
· Provide quantitative analysis and develop analytical tools for the evaluation of investment opportunities in all major asset classes, covering all geographies
· Carry out research into investment-related themes and their potential impact on expected returns.
· Maintain and develop in-house models for long term asset class expected returns.
· Communicate results of analysis in a clear and consistent manner to different stakeholders, putting the insights in a broader investment and economic context.
· Contribute to the Team's publication series such as White papers, presentations, blogs, investment commentaries. And support investment communications for WPB (e.g. investment weekly, monthly, macro insights)
Customers / Stakeholders
· Investment Teams
· WPB and PB
· Institutional businesses
Leadership & Teamwork
· No staff management responsibilities but must be able to work effectively as part of the investment strategy team and a bigger investment team both in UK and globally
· To maintain a level of analysis that provides genuine insight to the investment teams
· To provide communications that are useful to audiences with a wide range of knowledge and objectives
· To work across different time zones and locations
· The role is to be an integrated part of the investment function and the key communication function particularly to WPB but also to other clients and the media.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically
· Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
· Understand the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles, HSBC Global Asset Management's TCF philosophy and how this affects your role. Act in a manner that takes account of these principles to ensure fair outcomes for customers
Management of Risk
· Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Ideal candidate profile
· The role requires strong research and economics skills, most likely gained through a degree and masters in economics/finance (or similar background).
· CFA (or similar) is highly desireable
· Quantitative skills, in particular econometrics and experience in statistical programming, are highly-valued.
· The role requires working with data and knowledge of data systems (Bloomberg)
· Advanced research skills are also highly-valued
· Strong written and communication skills
· A proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong people/relationship management skills. A team player
· Strong analytical skills, and a high level of enthusiasm for working in global macro markets
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.