This role is within the Engineering Practice team in HSBC Technology. The candidate will be part of the HSBC Technology India team with appropriate guidance and development from functional and entity management. The Engineering Practice is a relatively newly formed team within HSBC Technology, reporting directly to the CTO, with a mandate to improve the Fun, Flow and Efficiency of engineers.
This role will involve a large element of liaison with internal technology customers and will suit candidates with a strong technical background who wish to spend their time changing and improving the organization through a series of continuous improvement activities.
Responsibilities for this role will include but not be limited to:
· Working with engineers to resolve blockers and constraints to their productivity. This can be related to technical or tooling related blockers. This activity will require the candidate to influence and direct stakeholders, who are not within their direct control, to a resolution. Strong communication skills are essential
· Act as a Product Owner to one or more tools to ensure products are developed with the voice of the engineer central to activities to help day to day delivery. It should be viewed as Proxy PO role where in requirements can spread across practices and tooling teams
· Forming and running Communities of Practice to get a wide variety of views from engineers across the GB/GFs and across geographies and represent their opinions at internal working groups and prioritization sessions
· Understanding and awareness of the key activities required for all phases of the project life-cycle.
· Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail, focusing on the “art of the possible” not the constraints of today
· Understands tooling and practices for engineering deliveries
· Experience working in an agile team and understanding of key agile roles and responsibilities
· Project management experience
· Great documentation skills and familiar with tools Power point, Excel, Word, Jira, Confluence.
· Ability to influence those not in direct team or reporting structure
· Willingness to challenge opinion and suggest alternatives, surfacing options others may not have thought of
· Tenacity and patience to bring work to closure
· Excellent communication, both written and spoken (in English).
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team in difference timezones
· Ability to learn fast and rapidly assimilate new ideas.
· Ability to influence and “get things done” with minimal supervision
· Positive, proactive and can-do attitude
· A high level of motivation, quick to learn
· A technical background with experience of working and delivering technology
· Awareness of cloud and cloud concepts
· Product Owner experience
· Programming Experience
· Knowledge of SQL
The Technology Business Analyst / Product Owner has dual responsibilities. One is that of a technical Business Analyst whose prime responsibility is to analyse the issues/blockers raised by engineers and work with the relevant teams to resolve the issues raised. The second responsibility is to act as a Product Owner to central tooling teams that provide common tools (Jiran, Confluence, CI/CD toolsets) to enginering teams. In this capacity, the PO is responsible for playing the standard role of the Agile Product Owner in identifying tooling needs of clients (engineers) and enabling the delivery teams (central tooling teams) to deliver to those needs. The consolidated dual responsibilities are articulated below.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
· Interacts with and fully understands the needs of the engineers – tooling needs, blockers, issues, etc. Whatever blocks/reduces/impeeds the fun, flow & efficiency of engineering teams, as an analyst and a PO, this role will be responsile to identify, analyse, prioritise, solutionise (as needed) and resolve.
· As the Product Owner responsible for identifying, articulating and evolving product roadmaps, creation of epics and writing of user stories and managing the product backlog
· Providing support in making and keeping the product a success - by ensuring that it offers a strong value proposition to the customers and users and that it creates the desired benefits for engineers
· Providing support in articulating the product vision of what is to be built, and convey that vision to the technical teams
· Continuously review, refine the product backlogs (one backlog for each of the major toolsets used by the engineering teams and one backlog related to blockers/issues experienced by engineers)
· Decomposes large user stories (epics) into smaller user stories adding in all relevant details such as narrative, acceptance criteria etc to the stories.
· Continuously prioritises user stories based on input received from clients (global engineering teams) & key stakeholders
· Works with the tooling teams, in the role of the PO, to maximise the value delivered from the teams
· Delivers stories from the issues/blockers backlog by co-creating solutions and cordinating across and with a number of central service providing teams.
· Participate in the promotion and communication of the products to the wider organisation
· Communicates the progress made on resolving engineering blockers/issues to our clients – the engineers and senior leadership teams
· Collaborates with the team to showcase the product to the engineering community
Helps to define and track performance indicators of the product and supports the use of relevant metrics to guide delivery teams
Ideal candidate profile