The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Operations, Services and Technology combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as PayMe Full Stack Engineer.
· Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
· Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
· Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
· Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
· Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
· Protect operations by keeping information confidential
· Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
· Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
· Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
· First and foremost, developing software our users need
· Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
· Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
· Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
· Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
· Be a persistent, creative problem solver
· Remain cool and effective in a crisis
· Stay on the leading edge of development practices
· Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
· Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
Ideal candidate profile
Solid years of experience as a software engineer or developer
Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages; Strong knowledge of Java is mandatory.
Fluent in Java, Spring and Spring boot.
Experience coding, testing and documenting REST apis – including all end to end functionality and templates – and modules – using contributed modules and developing custom modules as needed.
Experience in cloud technologies (GC/AWS/Azure) is a must (Azure preferred).
Must be familiar with SOLID principles and Design Patterns.
Strong database knowledge (MySQL preferred)
Experience in mobile development (ios/android) will be an advantage.
Experience working in an agile environment
Experience in micro services development will be a big plus.
Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
Know the JVM and the ecosystem of supporting tools inside and out
Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
You'll achieve more at HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.