HSBC is Canada's leading international bank – there is no one like us in this market.
Our ability to bring our global experience and perspective to evolving trends and issues in Canada has been a tremendous benefit to our clients. With our offer of unique banking solutions, as well as an extensive global network, no one is better placed to support internationally minded individuals and businesses.
HSBC helps companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Wealth and Personal Banking.
It's through this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired, collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
Key Objectives for Mortgage Specialist:
The Mortgage Specialist will effectively case manage mortgages, secured lending, and insurance through to completion, handling customer expectations at all times with outstanding professionalism and consistency. Listens to the customer and recognises wider financial planning needs and makes referrals to other areas of the bank, where the customer's needs can be met thereby proactively developing and strengthening customer relationships and in doing so, generating new business in line with HSBC values.
· Handles contacts with our HSBC customers in a polite and friendly way, instilling customer confidence and meeting customer needs
· Manage multi-channel referrals and handling large volumes of mortgage customer cases simultaneously
· Achieves satisfactory compliance in the sale of mortgage, secured lending and insurance products
· Offers value added products and services based on customer needs analysis and ensuring customer understanding of those products
· Complies with all relevant procedures by ensuring all lending and insurance are within the bank's criteria and all sales are properly recorded and authorized in accordance with Credit & Risk policy
· Works with consistent accuracy to enable greater efficiency in meeting customer mortgage, secured lending, and insurance needs
· An advocate of HSBC values and business principles by putting the customer first and delivering excellent customer service to complex customer calls by keeping up to date on training and internal communications
· Owns and resolves issues as well as understands how and when to escalate and/or refer a client
· Develops and builds effective working relationships with key stakeholders within and outside of the immediate business area
· Acts as a role model for our Group Values and behaviours (Open, Connected, Dependable), supporting colleagues and customers to deliver superior customer service through these values
· Meet individual and team sales targets
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
· Minimum 3 years of experience case managing mortgages, ideally working in mortgage centre
· Experience in a call centre environment is an asset
· Strong mortgage, secured lending, and insurance product knowledge required
· Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
· Ability to handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines
· Strong communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to sell and meet set sales / performance targets in a sales role
· Detailed orientated with good time management and organizational skills
· Must be available to work rotating shifts, Monday to Friday from 8AM to 10PM and Saturday 9AM – 8PM. Total work hours per week will be 37.5 hours per week
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
If this is not the ideal role for you, we invite you to sign up to our talent community so that we can update you about job opportunities and career events in your area of interest. We are always looking for people with purpose and ambition who can help us build the bank for the future. To join, please click here !
We're doing our part to safeguard our customers and employees health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID 19, including:
· Enhanced daily cleaning to all our branches, with increased attention to high-touch areas
· Personal protective equipment and hand sanitizers provided throughout our branches
· Plexiglass shields at every counter
· Floor markings to help customers keep social distance when lining up
· Adherence to self-isolation requirements per government guidelines
We encourage all Indigenous peoples of North America and Persons with Disabilities to self-identify in their applications. In addition, we invite you to reach out to Matt Woods, our Diversity Recruitment Relationship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for support during the selection process.