HSBC is Canada's leading international bank – there is no one like us in this market.
Our ability to bring our global experience and perspective to evolving trends and issues in Canada has been a tremendous benefit to our clients. With our offer of unique banking solutions, as well as an extensive global network, no one is better placed to support internationally minded individuals and businesses.
HSBC helps companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Wealth and Personal Banking.
It's through this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired, collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
Key Objectives for Mortgage Pre-Application Representative:
The Mortgage Centre fulfils new and existing client's residential mortgage needs. The Mortgage Pre-Application Representative, Mortgage Centre, will provide operational and administrative support and quality standards by assisting clients with starting their Mortgage application on behalf of a team of Mortgage Specialists. Overall nature of work is of low complexity.
· Completes administrative support, processing, operational, servicing related duties for the Mortgage Centre, including speaking with clients over the phone, setting up customer profiles, providing next steps, and capturing relevant information to be passed along to the Mortgage Specialists
· Consistently maintains superior and courteous service consistently to internal and external contacts
· Manage multi-channel referrals and handling large volumes of mortgage client cases simultaneously
· Promotes and contributes to a team-based approach in completing tasks
· Achieves satisfactory compliance in the fulfillment of mortgage, secured lending and insurance products
· Complies with all relevant procedures by ensuring all fulfillment steps are properly completed in accordance with Credit & Risk policy
· Works with consistent accuracy to enable greater efficiency in completing
· An advocate of HSBC values and business principles to put the client first and deliver excellent customer service to complex client calls by keeping up to date on training and internal communications
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & experience / Qualifications:
· At least 6 months experience in related role
· Professional appearance and attitude
· Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
· Strong communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills
· Detailed orientated with good time management and organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines
· Team player and development minded
· Understands / speaks second language is an asset
· Previous customer service, banking industry and/or contact centre experience an asset
· Must be available to work rotating shifts, Monday to Friday from 8AM to 10PM and Saturday 9AM – 8PM. Total work hours per week will be 37.5 hours per week
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
If this is not the ideal role for you, we invite you to sign up to our talent community so that we can update you about job opportunities and career events in your area of interest. We are always looking for people with purpose and ambition who can help us build the bank for the future. To join, please click here !
We encourage all Indigenous peoples of North America and Persons with Disabilities to self-identify in their applications. In addition, we invite you to reach out to Matt Woods, our Diversity Recruitment Relationship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for support during the selection process.