Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
· To lead a team that provides IT Service desk support to users and business partners.
· To acquire a broad understanding of the process assigned, actively monitor queues, allocate work, handle escalations, manage customer expectations and plan staffing to meet business requirements.
· Hold a clear understanding of the process PLAs and ensure that they are met.
· Be able to understand, produce, analyze and interpret MIs.
· Lead a cohesive team and ensure that harmony is maintained while also ensuring that the company ethics are being adhered to.
· Regularly conduct performance reviews and 1x1s for the team; efficiently coach the team.
· Ensure that all the documentation related to the employees is maintained up to date in their personal files.
· Strictly follow the standing instructions provided by the manager and complete them in a timely manner.
· Ensure compliance with audit requirements by performing audit checks in line with the process requirements.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT/Technology.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Quick learner with an ability to share and transfer knowledge.
· Ability to understand, work with and interpret numeric data.
· Should have production management skills and be able to initiate process improvements.
· Good leadership skills; should have prior experience for at least 6 months in a similar role.
· Ability to build and maintain cordial relationship with users, peers and people at all levels utilizing diplomacy, judgment and interpersonal skills.
· Should hold a good understanding of the complexities involved in managing a process and team.
· Good planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
· Minimum of one year's Information Technology/ IT Service desk experience or equivalent.