Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Through Business Banking our global network offers comprehensive support, advice and services to businesses in the SME market. From setting up a new business to managing the cash and trade flows of an established enterprise, the Business Banking team of Relationship Managers and Business Specialists provides a range of end-to-end solutions designed to help small and large businesses reach their potential.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Associate Relationship Manager - Business Banking.
The role holder will assist the RM in the delivery of a professional relationship management service to customers, prospective customers and professionals. This supports the bank's long-term strategy to lead business by establishing and maintaining long term relationships with businesses, identifying needs, delivering solutions to meet those needs and providing an excellent customer service.
· Provide support to the RM in delivering an relationship management service which provides value-added services and guidance to customers, prospects and professionals
· Work with the RM to relationship manage, up to XX of the largest and most complex relationships in the Business Banking Area
· Analyze the financial reports and MI of customers and prospective customers, preparing credit applications and customer presentations
· Obtaining, researching and analysing customer information (financial and non-financial) to prepare high quality and professional applications for credit facilities and to meet identified customer needs.
· Keeping up-to-date on knowledge of HSBC's capabilities.
· Support the RM in ensuring we identify customer needs correctly
· Assist in the delivery of solutions, products and services appropriate to meet customer need
· Help to improve customer engagement
· Acting as the primary point of contact for customers and colleagues in the absence of the RM
· Work as an integrated member of the team
· Working with colleagues and relevant departments as appropriate to ensure that all documents are processed in a timely manner
· Adhere to structures and processes in place for the management of credit, operational, reputation and regulatory risk.
· Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information, including KYC requirements in Group systems
· Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
· Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
· Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
· Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
· Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements