Some careers have more impact than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Assistant Manager, Business Relationship Retail Business Banking (RBB) .
The jobholder is responsible in managing customers and acquiring new customers with annual turnover less than USD 3million - USD 5million typically start-ups, professionals, service providers or small scale manufacturers with simple product needs. Providing dedicated relationship management with accountability for sales, service, risk and operational delivery is also part of the responsibilities. Credit risk assessment is a fundamental element of the role. BRMs complete a needs based analysis of all their clients to provide solutions to them.
Impact on the Business
· Act as Relationship Manager by offering value-added advice and guidance to customers and placing their needs at the forefront of our activity, setting world class standards
· Grow sustainable revenues from existing relationships and through acquisition of new customers in line with the Bank's risk appetite and policies
· Build a network of business introducers in the local professional and business community
· Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests and risk appetite
· Proactively develop effective strategies to manage both existing and new relationships, by anticipating customer needs and providing a superior service and products
· Keep up-to-date on knowledge of HSBC's international and domestic strategy, capabilities and policies, and of external factors influencing international and domestic business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
· Work with product partners in RBWM (Insurance/ Investment) and CMB (GLCM) to assess needs customers and offer appropriate solutions that meet their needs
· Generate referrals for Premier businesses
· Generate quality assets through the use of appropriate risk management tools, priced appropriately for risk and in line with customer needs
· RM's help the firm by managing both sides of the book – assets, liabilities.
· Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC Group to improve connectivity, deliver exceptional standards and quality of service across all interactions
· Work with Product experts and other Group partners and assist in the delivery of solutions, services and products that are appropriate to meet customer needs and improve customer engagement
· Ensure identification of early warning signs and problem relationships and take appropriate action to protect HSBC interests
· Build a strong relationship with the Risk Management teams in order to achieve a sustainable asset growth
· Complete needs analysis of customers within business reviews
· Identifies business needs of customers and provide solutions for solving them
· Ensure fairness in all aspects of product delivery, sales processes, customer correspondence and complaint handling
· Establish strong relationships with (prospective) customers and third parties (e accountants, lawyers, trade advisors)
· Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
· Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
· Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
· Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
· Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
· Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
· Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance