HSBC Operations, Services and Technology (HOST)
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
In this role, you will:
The role of the Assistat Development Manager is to manage all aspects of the project in certain business line, working with IT internal teams, vendors and business stakeholders to produce and manage plans that are achievable. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate
- The ability to gather / analyze the business and operational requirements. Work with the relevant stakeholders in business / operation / IT to figure out the appropriate solutions;
- The ability to drive the project team, clearly and concisely track its progress as well as report to senior IT management;
- The ability of people communication/influencing and resource/plan management;
- Work with the business stakeholders, operation teams and the relevant IT parties to understand and analyze the business requirement, and work out the appropriate system solutions from an end-to-end perspective.
- Manage and deliver projects, at times multiple projects, of varying complexity and size.
- Produce and track accurate project plans, ensuring the agreed dates are being met and resource is available and escalating where necessary
- Leading, managing and motivating a virtual team to deliver the required results from business benefit.
- Supporting business initiatives without compromising standards of internal control such that operational risk is not increased beyond acceptable parameters. Ensuring business and IT management understand and accept any inherent risks.
- Anticipating and resolving problems pertinent to the delivery of business and IT project aspects.
- Be the partnership of certain business line to understand their business asperation, initiatives and etc.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding, high performing team that focuses on delivering exceptional project and programme management services to the HSBC China business
Ideal candidate profile
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Solid skills in the Business Analysis area.
- Strong banking system knowledge and experience in payment, cash and liquidity management area, or operational area.
- Experience of IT project management, familiar with various project management methodology, e.g. SDLC, Agile, etc.
- Working experience in a relevant role, i.e. as an IT Project Manager, as an IT resourcing manager. Must also possess strong management skills to progress, motivate, coach and guide our most valued resources while ensuring a strong corporate ethic and accountability to senior management.
- Experience in relevant market/context, i.e. track record of working on large complex project/programmes, whilst also working/leading virtual teams across multiple geographies and time zones
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, utilizing appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
- Solid knowledge on architecture design including both enterprize and solution- Self awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Strong skills of summerization, presentation, negotiation and influencing
- IT experience in financial, banking or other relevant environments is advantage
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e.PMP, PMI, Prince II is advantage
- Knowledge on Linux / Oracle will be advantage.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within and inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. /TZ/*
Issued by HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited