Job ID 1013870 Date posted 7/24/2018 Primary Location Sofia, Sofia-Capital, Bulgaria Job Category Services Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Bulgaria)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Our service excellence, with consistent globally delivered standardized services guarantees clients peace of mind, while our ability to drive innovation ensures clients a compelling strategy for the future. Now we are looking for a motivated technical support engineer with experience and high motivation to work with and troubleshoot complex HPE solutions to join our dynamic team, part of Customer Solution Center Sofia (CSC).
The primary responsibility of the VMware Engineer is to manage customer cases to a satisfactory resolution. On receipt of a service request the engineer researches for a solution through remote diagnosis, documentation and/or knowledge databases within agreed timeframes. As a part of the global VMware team, the engineer is required to possess good knowledge of VMware products and technologies and provide advanced level technical support.
· Works with IT professionals, Global Operation Centers and Front Line Support Operation to help provide 24x7 uptime of customer solutions and services
· Manages customer expectations by taking into consideration the client business impact
· Keeps customers informed, sets and follows commitments, keeps precise case documentation and case ownership
· Responsible for new product introduction (NPI) and early support adoption of emerging technology
· Assists in and manages setting up of the local and global LAB environment to help reproduce customer issues
· Maintains a healthy relationship and collaborates effectively with other teams/ next level technical teams
· Participates in projects for process or quality improvements
· Manages multiple tasks or cases simultaneously with minimal supervision
· Active and self-paced improvement of technical and business process knowledge
· Independently and actively improves the quality metrics towards the achievement of the targets and beyond
· Encourages outstanding team morale and maintains highest ethical standards
· Working schedule – regular hours and occasional on-call
· Excellent English language skills
· German language is considered a strong advantage
· 2+ years’ professional experience as a Customer Service Consultant or in similar environment
· Knowledge in installing and configuring all flavors of ESXi and vCenter server
· Understanding VMWare vSphere storage & vSphere networking
· Good knowledge on enterprise hardware platforms
· Excellent communication skills
The following will be considered a strong advantage :
· Understanding of vSphere Cluster Services (HA, DRS, DPM, EVC)
· Understanding of VMware Site Recovery Manager for disaster recovery
· Knowledge on virtual machine snapshots and VMware VDP
· Knowledge on VMware vRealize Suite that includes (vRA, vRO & vROPS)
· Good knowledge on SAN technologies and converged solutions like VMware vSAN & HC series
We offer a challenging role including:
· Continuous learning and technical training opportunities
· Unlimited access to courses in a wide variety of technologies and disciplines (Lynda)
· Great opportunity for professional development in the IT field
· Part in a team that has established itself as a preferred partner for Hi-tech Services & Support
· Competitive remuneration package
· Medical insurance
· 4 days additional paid leave (total:24 days)
· Food vouchers
· Opportunity to use free parking
· Life insurance
· Wellness program
· HPE badge program including various discounts for products and services.
· Work-life balance program including free legal, financial and psychological consultations
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them. Please bear in mind that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This is to inform you that Hewlett Packard Enterprise GDBC EOOD (HPE) is registered as an administrator of personal data to the Commission for Data Protection. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. The personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the selection process as well as for the realization of the legitimate interests of the data controller in respect of any future contract of employment. HPE takes the responsibility to handle, use and store your personal data, ensuring its protection in secret from the third parties. We inform you and you agree that HPE may provide your personal data to government, municipal institutions, banks, companies, corporate bodies and individuals, where such obligation exists under a special legal provision, where it is necessary for realization of your rights and legal interests as a participant in the selection process, and when it is necessary to realize the legitimate rights and interests of HPE. HPE can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future contract of employment.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.