Technical Solution Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Pointnext is the innovative IT services organization—part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise—built to make Hybrid IT simple and power the Intelligent Edge. As an agile technology partner, we help our customers modernize their legacy infrastructure with the flexibility of the cloud, and maximize the value of their connected devices. We make their mission our mission: To drive rapid transformation across an enterprise on a customer’s terms.
· 1-4 Years hands on experience in Service & Support on Backup/Nearline products, mainly HP enterprise level libraries, Physical Tape Libraries, Virtual libraries, Disk to Disk Backup systems, OS, Backup Software, MSL, ESL, ESL-E, VLS, D2D Gen2, B6200 etc.
· Working through complex problems which may involve Switch, SAN or Library components and require a holistic troubleshooting approach.
· 1-2 years of Field support experience preferred.
· Experience with SAN and Switched SCSI environments, Should have exposure to basic Storage concepts like RAID, SAN, NAS.
· Experience in supporting at least 2 OS in a clustered SAN centric environment.
· Experience on using HPs L&TT Tools for diagnosing, Firmware upgrades, Testing of Tape Libraries, and Library management tools like CV-TL, CV-VLS
· Experience in supporting tape drive technologies including DLT, SDLT, LTO1 to LTO5
· General knowledge of SAN Infrastructure, Blade environment, Virtual Connect, ProLiant Servers, SAN concepts, connectivity of Nearline products & solutions in SAN, Ethernet & Direct attached environment, SAN associated products including Secure Path, Business Copy, Persistent Storage Manager, Virtual Replicator.
· General knowledge of networking concepts and iSCSI protocol.
· Knowledge & understanding of Storage arrays - EVA, MSA and XP Storage.
· 3PAR Arrays (Legacy or StoreServ 7xxx/10xxx), understanding of CPG concepts, servicemag disk replacements, Node rescue.
· Provide Remote Storage Hardware & Software support to MC Customers, Field CE's, Escalation Engineers, Reseller/VAR as well as L1 Engineers, Diagnose and solve the Incidents/Issues via phone and email.
· Candidate should perform the Problem resolution, Interface with Onsite Engineers, Account Support Managers, Escalation and Elevation management
· Understanding criticality of issue and business impact by demonstrating mission critical mindset & work to identify the cause of the issue in the shortest/quickest path.
· Provide immediate technical response and expertise in restoration of customer High availability environments.
· Applying systematic problem solving techniques, high quality call documentation, and superior can-do attitude.
· Develop and document clear action plans to resolve issues even where information may be limited.
· Be fully aware of the business impact of ongoing issues and thus keep customers/account team updated of all action plans and developments during the resolution process.
· Delivers timely solutions to customer issues and meets the defined SLAs for response and resolution time and other Performance metrics are met /exceeded.
· Collaboration with other cross functional groups – i.e. L2, L3 , Labs , Call Management, Resource control to ensure timely resolution of issues
· Participate / prepare Post Incident Reviews with ASM/Account Team as required.
· Aptitude towards problem solving and Trouble shooting skills on Tape Libraries, Library Management software, SAN connectivity, backup software etc., including log analysis
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or Master's Degree in Technical Discipline
· Experience of 1-4 years
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partner. Innovate. Act.
We live by three core values that drive our business.
Simplified, we are good partners, great innovators and we make things happen.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.