Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products for embedded Linux networking platforms. Develops software including Linux boot image, HW abstraction layer, switch ASIC SDK integration, and HW enabled security features. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
· Coordinates with multiple project teams of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
· Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
· Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
· Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
· Extensive experience with 'C' programming in embedded Linux environment.
· Development experience HW Root-of-Trust (HW RoT), Secure Boot, and TPM 2.0.
· Knowledge of or experience with Measured Boot and attestation frameworks.
· Knowledge and experience with Secure Software Development Lifecycle.
· Experience with the following is highly desired:
- developing x86, MIPS, and ARM embedded systems
- fixing Linux CVEs
- Linux device drivers
- UEFI development
- Understanding of common security requirements such as NIST SP 800
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.