Job ID 1034043 Date posted 10/10/2018 Primary Location Plano, Texas, United States Job Category Sales Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
As part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s Inside Sales organization, you will work in a diverse, fast moving, creative culture with excitement to stimulate personal growth and at the same time promote the unique HPE value proposition to your prospects. With world-class professionals working alongside graduates, HPE offers an environment where everyone has the opportunity to fully participate in achieving business success. HPE has made huge investments in the Inside Sales Organization, which proves that this organization is a pillar of the company’s strategy and is crucial for its commercial success now and in the future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is seeking candidates for Solution Sales Specialists with a focus on storage. The Storage Solution Sales Specialist will align to an identified territory, focusing on strategic selling and hunting within an assigned territory around competitive install base, net new storage logos, and expansion and refresh opportunities. They create, own, and accelerate deals throughout the sales cycle and will be responsible for building and managing a portfolio of business in partnership with the territory-identified “go to” partners.
In this role, the specialist will drive proactive campaigns and initiatives to generate qualified pipeline, use storage-specialized knowledge and skills to customize, negotiate and close deals, and demonstrate the unique value of our portfolio while building solutions that differentiate HPE against our competition. They will be held accountable for forecast accuracy and quota attainment within their territory. They spend time collaborating with their extended sales teams and go-to partners to proactively build qualified pipeline and drive opportunities throughout the sales cycle to generate net new logos and storage revenue for their assigned territory. Storage Solution Sales Specialists are held accountable to formalize a territory business plan and review progress on a monthly basis. Travel 25% of time between Plano and assigned territory.
· Actively prospects within accounts to discover or cultivate solutions sales opportunities within area of technical specialty (in close cooperation with the account manager)
· Generate net new qualified pipeline and drive opportunities throughout sales cycle
· Manage sales pipeline in Salesforce.com
· Set up and attend on-site customer meetings
· Formulate and expand solutions to generate additional product or service attachments and upsell revenue
· Clearly articulate business value of our storage technology to customers within assigned territory
· Articulate competitive differentiators, business outcomes and value proposition as it relates to HPE Storage portfolio
· Perform virtual and live demos of applicable products
· Establish a professional, working, and consultative relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
· Contribute to the building of pipeline by generating leads and referrals and new customer opportunities within specialty area.
· Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.
· Generate qualified pipeline in collaboration with sales development reps and marketing
· Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization.
· Regularly engage in HPE Portfolio Training, Storage Training, Campaigns and Sales Plays
Education and Experience Required
· University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer and higher level customer interface
· Typically 3-5 years of experience in specialty sales
Knowledge & Skills
· Industry and Company Training/Certifications
· Competency of storage value proposition tied to business outcomes, use cases
· Outstanding verbal (including telephone) and written communication skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Hunger for success in a fast paced environment
· Willingness to overcome new challenges
· Collaboration, communication and organizational skills
· Forecasting and managing your business
· Customer research and KPI knowledge
· How to build and execute sales plans
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partner : Partnership is at the core of who we are. We were built from a partnership and today, it’s as important as ever both in how we work internally and how we collaborate with our customers and our partners.
Innovate : At HPE, innovation is everyone’s job. We encourage each other to push beyond the status quo, set new ideas in motion, fail fast, adapt, and act.
Act : We live in a world of constant change and disruption. So to win, we must live with urgency. One idea remains constant: push forward.
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!