Software Network Architect—Fabric Link, Scale and Performance
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
In this role, you will:
· Influence the strategic direction of our network product development
· Move the Networking industry and state of the art forward with resilient and high-performance smart NICs
· Work with the Open Source Community on new Networking frameworks, application libraries and collaborative development
· Discuss network opportunities with key customers and translate into engineering requirements and architecture
· Contribute learnings to the larger community via written guidance and presentations
· Mentorship and development of team technical delivery personnel
· Contribute to the broader HPE/Cray R&D leadership community
· Participate in fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative Agile engineering practices
We are looking for:
· Proven track record of delivering network technology to market – including open source, commercial innovation and high-quality development
· Experience driving and guiding SDN technology
· Thought leadership in NIC development, Smart NICs, NIC offload, and NIC capabilities
· 15+ years’ overall product development experience
· Ability to work in a variety of languages such as Go, C, C++, Java, and Python on Linux
· 8+ years architecting, designing, and developing network software
· Providing expertise and leadership in cloud, distributed systems and security arenas
· Experience solving scale, resilience, and performance issues across the data and control-plane in production network software and architectures
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field; MS preferred.
· Comfortable talking about technical things with business people and business things with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization
· Application Network libraries: MPI, LibFabric, sockets, etc.
· Network protocols: InfiniBand, Ethernet, LLDP, LACP, ARP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/UDP/IP, VLAN, etc.
· Troubleshooting skills from Layer 2 to Layer 7
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.