Description de l'offre
Job ID 1030438 Date posted 8/6/2018 Primary Location Roseville, California, United States Job Category Engineering, Graduate programs and Internships Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
Aruba SW Engineer (Graduate)
About the Company
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, is a leader in providing enterprise-scale WLAN/edge networking products. Our customers include major universities, giant tech companies, and international retail stores, with deployments numbering thousands of access points and tens of thousands of wireless devices.
Aruba is redefining the IT edge with mobility and IOT solutions for organizations of all sizes globally. The company delivers IT solutions that empower organizations to serve GenMobile – mobile-savvy users who rely on cloud-based business apps for every aspect of their work and personal lives – and to harness the power of insights to transform business processes.
Aruba has openings in a number of our development teams to include: the wireless software development team; the AirWave team, Aruba's software solution for managing and monitoring the health and usage of massive WiFi deployments; the ClearPass Policy Manager team, our industry's leading network access policy enforcement platform; the wireless controller team, Aruba’s network access solutions for the mobile enterprise; the OS Infrastructure team, a key component in all our development enterprises.
Could include the following, depending on the project. Design, develop and troubleshoot new features and enhancements, building out features for our continuous integration system, improving the general product, and enhancing internal tools, that can be used in interaction with the system and to ease the product deployment. Participate in code reviews, design discussions, bug fixes (internal and customer found) and maintenance of the modules developed. Maintain and monitor several open source software libraries and applications.
Skills and Expertise Could Include
· Must have graduated with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent within the last year, or next 6 months. MS in CS, CE, or EE preferred
· Solid understanding of wireless networking technologies
· Experience with C programming, embedded development, and test tools.
· Linux kernel development experience is desired
· Completed coursework including common data structures and algorithms and object-oriented design
· Familiar with at least one flavor of Linux
· Completely comfortable on the UNIX command line
· Scripting languages
· Detailed knowledge of common networking protocols
· Version control systems
· SQL databases
· Multi-server high availability/failover architecture
· Web frameworks
· System administration/configuration of anything mentioned above
· Solid knowledge of C++ and/or Java
· Understanding of Networking technologies
· Ability to work in an extremely dynamic and fast paced environment
· Good communication skills and ability to work with globally distributed teams
Our Wish list
· Fluency in Python and other scripting languages
· Experience in developing distributed server software
· Experience developing applications that use open source software
· Experience using and developing with Databases(PostgreSQL or MySQL), replication and high availability
· Experience in cloud computing, Amazon web services
· Knowledge of Websockets and other protocols used in Cloud networking
· Knowledge of Google Protobuf
· Experience developing software for virtualized networking infrastructure
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.