Job ID 1034012 Date posted 10/2/2018 Primary Location San Jose, California, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States Other location Durham,North Carolina,United States of America Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
Essential Functions :
· Work with technical leaders and architects to understand new product requirements.
· Create functional specs and other design documentation.
· Responsible for designing, coding, testing and debugging components in Nimble Storage’s data services group.
· Responsible for implementing new features in CASL file system, Protocols and Performance.
· Work with other data services teams, QA, customer support and platform team to solve complex customer and release issues.
· Provide guidance to management and participate in technical communication with customers.
· BS in CS or EE required. MS degree preferred.
· Must have very strong system programming background with C/C++ for large enterprise class software.
· Must have proficiency with data structures, algorithms and multi-threaded programming
· Must have in depth knowledge of OS internals.
· Must be capable of debugging issues in multi-threaded and clustered environments.
· Prior experience in one or more of the following areas is a huge plus:
· Data-path on large and complex modules.
· Distributed Systems, Clustering or HA
· Memory management, Virtualization or De-duplication
· Replication,QoS , Storage Protocols (iSCSI/SCSI, FC, NFS, CIFS).
· Performance tuning and modeling
· Use of Performance analysis tools e.g. Oprofile, gprof.
· Experience in developing commercial software products, passion for quality and excellent software engineering practices.
· Ability to work collaboratively in small-medium size engineering teams is a plus.
· Ability to write clear and articulate functional and design specifications
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and take on a variety of roles as needed
Nimble Storage, the industry leader in flash storage solutions, is seeking talented software engineers for its Data Services team. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for driving innovation for the most dynamic company in the storage industry. In 2010, Nimble upended the data storage industry with its Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout (CASL™) architecture. Since then, the company has established itself as the leader in the fast-growing flash storage market.
Nimble has broken away from the storage industry pack with innovations like its scale-out architecture, which allows its solutions to independently scale performance and capacity with minimum disruption; and InfoSight™, its automated storage support system that uses Big Data to identify and resolve problems in real-time. Adaptive Flash, Nimble’s latest contribution to storage innovation, is the most efficient flash platform in the industry and the company’s all-flash shelf scales to 64 terabytes within a single system.
Nimble has Garnered an Impressive List Of Awards, including CRN Storage Product of the Year, Wall Street Journal Next Big Thing award, InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
Life at Nimble
Nimble has been named one of the Bay Area Newsgroup’s Top Workplaces in 2013 and 2014, based on independent employee surveys. Nimble employees cited the company’s collaborative and innovative culture as two key factors contributing to their overall job satisfaction. Nimble employees strongly believe have been given a rare opportunity to make a lasting impact on their company as well as the industry at large.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.