Job ID 1023416 Date posted 5/24/2018 Primary Location Fort Collins, Colorado, United States Job Category Engineering, Graduate programs and Internships Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE Labs are committed to the fast and seamless transfer of advanced technologies into next generation products and solutions; enabling the delivery of advanced Hybrid IT and IoT solutions for our customers
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a recent college graduate to join HPE Labs Organization as a Software Development Engineer located in Fort Collins, CO. This individual will design, develop troubleshoot and debug software programs for software enhancements and new products; develop software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
· Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
· Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
· Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
· Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
· Typically 0-2 years experience
· Experience or understanding of software systems design tools and languages (C, Python).
· Experience using Linux is MUST. Open Source practice experience desired.
Understanding of design for software systems running on multiple platform types.
· Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
Hands-on hardware experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!