Job ID 1029117 Date posted 8/1/2018 Primary Location Aguadilla, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Puerto Rico)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE PointNext. We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation.
Design, develop, debug and maintain software automation tools for HPE SimpliVity Hyper-Converged products.
· Design, program and debug automation tools for integrating HPE Simplivity products
· Develop programming enhancements and updates for system and subsystem software
· Analyses design and determines programming and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
· Analyze project requirements and determine software development activities
· Write and execute unit tests for new features and code changes
· Participate in document, code and test plan review
· Work in Agile - Scrum team to develop and maintain software applications
· Participate in automation tool planning reviews
· Provide technical support for internal and external customers
· Collaborates and communicates with management, and development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Skills and Experiences:
· 5+ years of software engineering, understand full software development lifecycle
· 3+ years pf Programming in Perl and/or Python with OO design
· Experienced in coding architecture and module design
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skill
· Skilled in Linux operations including boot process and storage management
· Familiar with modern server architecture and hardware components
· Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
· Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals at management levels
· Familiar with VMware operating environment
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
4-6 years’ experience.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.