Security Operations Analyst
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we put our customers first, we partner, innovate and act with uncompromising integrity. These values combine to help us to advance the way people live and work, by engineering experiences that unlock your full potential.
The goal of the Cyber Security Organisation here at Hewlett Packard Enterprise is to protect the company with world-class, extensible security capabilities and advance HPE’s business goals by managing risk.
We do this by effectively monitoring, assessing and responding to cyber threats directed towards HPE and executing mitigating controls.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—I have an exciting opportunity for a Security Operations Analyst, with experience in a Cyber Security operations/ Incident Response position and a demonstrable understanding of large enterprise computing environments to join our team here in Galway!
Your role will involve detecting and responding to Cyber Security incidents across the enterprise while coordinating the overall progress through the Incident Response life cycle.
You will have the opportunity to identify new and improved incident Detection and Response strategies and change the way the team works.
You will be responsible for:
· Detecting Cyber Security incidents in real-time through centralized monitoring
· Analyzing security events from multiple sources, including SIEM, IPS/IDS, firewalls, etc. and identifying the cause of incidents
· Respond to incidents by applying containment and eradication strategies
· Supervise incident response actions owned by internal and external teams
· Developing new processes and procedures to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
Education and Experience Required:
· First Level University degree and 1+ years in a SOC / IT Operations environment
Knowledge we would like to see from you:
· Hands-on experience in detecting, responding to, containing and remediating live security incidents
· Demonstrable understanding of large enterprise computing environments, applications, and TCP/IP networks and protocols
· Knowledge of operating systems including Windows or Linux.
· Experience with phishing, malware and dynamic analysis
· A good all-round knowledge of IT and a proficient understanding of Cyber Security risks, threats, best practices and prevention measures
· Ability to work in team environments
· Industry recognized certifications including CompTIA certifications (CySA+, Security+, CASP+, etc.), CERT certifications (CSIH - Computer Security Incident Handler, etc.), SANS/GIAC certifications (GCFA, GCIH, GCIA, GNFA, GREM, etc.) would be an advantage.
The Cyber Defense Center provides 24/7 coverage, 365 days a year. This is achieved through rotating shift patterns. A shift allowance will be included
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary, and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive, and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers .
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.