R&D IT Software Engineering Solutions Engineer
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE PointNext. We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation.
Researches, designs, develops, configures, integrates, tests and maintains existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, coding of modifications or new program, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, infrastructure, and information systems including database management systems. Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Provides required documentation and participates in architecture reviews to ensure that the solutions comply with standards and use approved technologies. Typical customers are company end users and various functional areas such as Supply Chain, Research and Development, Marketing, Finance, a business, or the company.
· Participates as a member of and leads development teams. Performs analysis of complex functional and business requirements. Prepares code stubs for others. Completes code to implement solutions. Designs solutions for others to code. Participates in cross-functional teams. Leads design activities May provide mentoring and guidance to other developers. Designs, prepares and executes Unit tests. Represents team to client/customers.
· Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team. Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems. Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
· Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Database Administration).
· Performs solution design. Applies the company and 3rd party technologies and leads design of highly complex infrastructure and software solutions.
· Independently implements end- user or enterprise infrastructure or services of significant complexity.
· Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and customers. Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues.
Education and Experience Required:
· Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· 5 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/ Oracle;
· Advanced understanding of modern software development methodologies.
· Knowledge and Experience in Oracle and SQL Server database design, database administration, developing queries, stored procedures etc.
· Java, Java scripts, Python scripts, and MS-BI mainly SQL server, SSIS and DBMS knowledge. Setup API extracts, SSL Security setup process, Linux, Shell Scripting.
· Experienced in development and support of production level data ingestion processes.
· Experience in setting up and supporting jobs in TIDAL and Informatica.
· Extensive experience in troubleshooting complex data process and quality issues to determine and correct root causes.
· Experience with big data platforms such as Hadoop and current supportive programming languages.
· Experience performing data analysis on large datasets in complex environments.
· Ability to quickly learn and document new processes
· Strong interpersonal skills to manage relationships with various organizations.
· Experience in creating/maintaining documentation of data architecture
· Exceptional communications skills (both verbal and written).
· Strong customer-service orientation.
· Detail oriented.
· Proven creative and innovative skills.
· Self-starter capable of managing tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
· Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
· Flexibility to adapt to changing environment.
· are good at partnering, innovating, and making things happen―you are aligned to our core values
· have an understanding, at a detailed level, of all architectural dependencies of technologies in IT environments
· are able to display a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns
· are able to complete solution implementation independently, as well as manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements
...then, apply now!
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.