Job ID 1025245 Date posted 5/10/2018 Primary Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (India)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Software-defined and Cloud Group (SDCG) has the mission of defining and developing the next generation of software-enabled Hybrid IT solutions to provide the simplest experience for our customers to consume and operate their business workloads and applications. Our team provides support to our portfolio which includes:
- Integrated software-defined systems
- Automation and orchestration management software to seamlessly align applications with the underlying infrastructure
- HPE cloud capabilities that enable developers and data center operators to effortlessly build cloud applications in their Hybrid IT environments
In a typical day as a QA Strategy and Automation Specialist you would..
Work with a team of talented Software Development and Test Engineers on HPE’s next generation Converged Infrastructure products. HP’s Converged Infrastructure is technology developed for a customer’s environment to integrate, simplify, automate, virtualize and enable a more energy efficient infrastructure in order to increase performance by rapid provisioning, reduce operating costs and minimize environmental footprint. We are looking for a passionate team player who is able to drive the program test strategy and lead teams to test our Converged Infrastructure products.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience with software test design. They will have excellent communication skills and be able to work both as part of team and independently. The individual must have high quality standards, and have good problem solving skills. Must be able to configure, troubleshoot and debug software programs during the Test/ Development phase of new products, show good level experience with configuring, troubleshooting, and especially debugging IT and Enterprise Data Center management hardware and software. Must design innovative User Stories and Use Cases for an Agile suite of powerful software that is transforming the Data Center. Execute tests on rigorous schedules to meet the customer’s needs. Validate product functionality in complex customer-like environments, rich with the powerful combination of Virtualization, SAN, clustering, Networking, Blade servers and FlexFabric.
You'll be joining a team that designs, implements, and develops solution tests for HPE’s next generation of Converged Infrastructure products.
· Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development and quality assurance partners on software and firmware design and development.
· Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with quality assurance guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software quality assurance leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
· Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software quality assurance organization.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
· Design enhancements & updates to solution tests for software in an Agile development environment. Work on a Scrum team to meet project objectives and reach scrum team goals.
· Write and execute complete testing plans and documentation for multiple application suites; identify, debug, and solve issues with hardware/ software/ firmware interactivity.
· Contribute to a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned solution tests.
· Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced test and development partners regarding software systems quality status, project progress, and issue resolution.
· Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
Education and Experience Required
· B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MCA (Full Time) candidates.
· Minimum 3-6 years’ experience.
If you have …
· Experience with software quality assurance tools and processes.
· Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
· Candidate MUST have knowledge on Linux platform and exposure to tools/ languages/ frameworks such as Git, Jenkins, Python.
· Good knowledge in Virtualization and networking domain. Storage experience is desirable.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development methodology (Agile-SCRUM).
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at various management levels.
· Ability to quickly learn new, unreleased software, firmware, and hardware products, and apply learning to setup, configure, troubleshoot & debug pre-released HPE and partner products. Write innovative and comprehensive new test plans to validate solution goals.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!