Mechanical Engineering Intern
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
Our Aruba R&D Engineering team is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Intern. As a Mechanical Engineering Intern, you will enjoy being part of a global community of top engineers, who are at the heart of the company’s innovative technology infrastructure products. You will have the opportunity to work on analyzing, designing, modifying, and evaluating mechanical sub-systems, assemblies, thermal management Ethernet switch systems. You will also take part in conducting feasibility, design margin and validation analysis, and empirical testing on new and modified designs.
In a typical day as a Mechanical Engineering Intern, you would
· Design portions of mechanical engineering solutions for Ethernet switch systems
· Implement established test plans to verify requirements compliance and/or resolve product integration issues
· Participate as a member of a project team to support product development and/or productivity improvement projects
· Prepare reports and write technical documentation
If you are
· A third year or final year Bachelor’s Degree student majoring in Mechanical Engineering or Physics
· Available for 5-6 months of internship – preferably starting on January 2020
· Knowledge about the development of electronic enclosure packaging requirements
· Experience with and/or knowledge of design tools and software packages such as ProE, Flotherm simulation tools
· Knowledge of the thermal and electromagnetic properties of materials and managing emissions
· Experience and/or strong knowledge of electronics packaging
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Have a strong passion for technology
· Eager to learn, fast learner with strong team-work spirit
· Leadership experience at university and/or participation in extracurricular activities in student organizations and/or community service (preferred)
Then, apply now!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.