Supports attorneys and projects by performing legal research, investigating and preparing various documents to be filed with state and federal agencies, and drafting legal agreements. Communicates instructions to outside counsel. Works on special projects, such as managing databases and keeping legal databases up-to-date. May develop financial tools/models and prepare trend analysis and variance reports for annual planning. May manage discovery process, conflicts of interest, and legal docket for area of responsibility.
· Prepares and drafts a variety of legal documents.
· Provides support for corporate legal filings and reports.
· Coordinates data and document collection, prepares responses to
· third parties and engages in other tasks of high complexity.
· Assists attorneys with moderately complex legal matters.
· Coordinates vendor agreements, filings and other tasks with outside counsel.
· Advise Administrative Assistants on record retention needs and efforts.
Education and Experience Required:
· High School, Univ. degree preferred.
· Relevant paralegal certificate preferred.
· 3+ yrs experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Good working knowledge of the company's businesses and products.
· Good paralegal knowledge.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
· Developed ability to analyze facts and issues.
· Strong familiarity with U.S. discovery requirements an >processes.
· Developed knowledge of corporate structures and vendor/supplier relationships.
· Developed knowledge of various state and federal legal requirements.
· Proficiency at drafting various legal documents.
· Developed ability to access and utilize internal databases.
· Intermediate document management skills.
· General computer proficiency with Microsoft office applications.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.