Job ID 1019111 Date posted 5/17/2018 Primary Location Erskine, Scotland, United Kingdom Job Category Sales, Erskine Sales Graduate Program Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is on the move to change IT landscape we know today. Prove your entrepreneurial spirit and learn what it takes to be successful in IT. Let us go the extra mile for our customers. Be part of a thriving international environment. Your talent is an asset we value.
The role of an Inside Sales Representative is one of consultation rather than sales in the traditional sense. There are two drivers of this:
· Our customers need to speak to us, as well as our competitors. IT Infrastructure/Services are a must have, as opposed to a nice-to-have.
· IT has gone from something which churns in the background of the business to an enabler in an app-driven business world. Our customers need to know what’s available before making their vendor choices.
A typical day of an Inside Sales Representative would involve:
· Speaking to several customers about their business challenges and outcomes.
· Working with our Channel Partners on deals with shared interest.
· Forecasting monthly and quarterly sales targets to their line managers.
· Negotiating with our finance department on a commercial model for any given customer.
· Self-learning on our portfolio, to increase their knowledge and value to those customers.
To excel in the role we don’t demand an IT degree, a photographic memory of our portfolio or world-class negotiation skills. We have a much wider team to help with those things. The qualities we need are:
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Time management
· Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
· Work ethic/attitude
· 0-3 years of relevant work experience or equivalent
· Foundationalknowledge of IT and/or industry solutions, products and services to solve business challenges
· Foundational knowledge in a Customer Relationship Management system or Salesforce system which allows businesses to manage business relationships and the data and information associated with them.
· A degree in IT/Business would be an advantage
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for your next challenge in building aninternational sales career,Hewlett Packard Enterprise is now offering the chance of a lifetime, andwe definitely want to hear from you.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.