HPE OneView Software Engineer
HPE OneView Software Engineer Job Description
· Design, implement, and deliver services that help customers manage, deploy, and upgrade their datacenters.
· Improve code quality through automated testing, code review, and CI processes
· Own the full lifecycle for the software that is delivered including installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, and helping to develop documentation
· Work to improve integration and delivery processes in order to make OneView more efficient and resilient.
· Have pride of ownership in all code and services that are delivered.
· Take a holistic view of the product and customer experience when making technical decisions rather than optimizing for the short term or specific module.
· Design APIs and apply software architecture principles that can drive a loosely coupled architecture.
Required Background and Experience:
· Proficient developer with a track record of delivering software products or services
· Familiarity with CI/CD and Agile methodologies and best practices
· Proficiency with and understanding of modern high-level languages (Java desired, Go/Python also good)
· Desire to dive-in and solve complex technical issues and debug problems that may occur when running services and managing hardware
· Desire to learn and grow by utilizing and learning new technologies and programming languages Desire to challenge how things are done if there is a better way.
· Understanding of how code and design decisions will affect service reliability, operational costs, and the end-user
· Effective communicator that can work well with a distributed team and willingness to help the team and product where needed
· Understand the challenges of managing the lifecycle of software that is shipped to customers and runs in a data center
· Basic knowledge of managing hardware in a data center
· Knowledge of containers and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.