Engineering Program Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Provides support and/or lead teams through the Engineering development process and implementation of company’s products. Projects are typically shorter-term, less complex and more contained with a defined time frame. Programs are typically longer-term, multi-functional, multi-project with complex requirements and effort. Manage activities, resource capability, schedules, budgets, and ensure cross company communications to facilitate product completion on schedule within budget. Work with engineering management to identify and improve process and program efficiencies. Work can involve external parties such as standards bodies, partners, etc.
· Program management of OEM suppliers in the development of Rack and Power Infrastructure (RPI) options for the server industry.
· The RPI options include: uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs), power distributions units (PDUs), keyboard, video and mouse switches (KVMs), rack mount consoles and rack cabinets.
· Program Manager with experience in electro/mechanical packaging and firmware development of UPSs and PDUs.
· Manages and leads a program involving multiple functions and project teams to drive the engineering development and implementation process for a product or service offering.
· Develops and directs development of schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
· Coordinates activities of supporting project teams and internal and external development partners; tracks progress against established plan and makes decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
· Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to product, processes, or business practices to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules
· Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing and/or engineering organization.
· Leads and provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
· PMP/PMI certification preferred.
· Typically 0-5 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated experience coordinating and directing matrixed teams and resources.
· Ability to create and manage program schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
· Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.