BI Developer - Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Are you excited about leveraging cutting edge Business Intelligence technologies and methodologies? Are you interested in driving business decisions through data analysis, reporting, and KPIs? Do you want to work with a team of Business Analysts & Data Scientists to solve some of HPE GreenLake Cloud Service’s most complex business problems through data?
The GreenLake Cloud Services BI & Analytics Team is looking for a passionate, driven BI Developer who will apply a logical, systematic approach to problem-solving using mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative/quantitative analytical approaches to deliver actionable insights to drive growth. In this role, you will be exposed to and partner with members teams the Analytics, Strategy & Planning, Go-to-Market, and Operations teams to ensure we are capturing and surfacing the most meaningful data and insights to make optimal business decisions. You will also collaborate with our tools partners to build self-service reports and establish automated processes for large scale data analyses.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with large data sets, deep-dive data analysis including experience extracting and manipulating data using queries (SQL) and Regression analysis to develop predictive models. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally. A keen sense of learning, ownership and drive is required to succeed.
Contribute to the development and growth of the GreenLake BI Dashboards Portfolio, supporting the delivery of actionable insights to the business
Develop, prototype and test data models with business teams while understanding the use cases for information & operational data
Support visualization of the model's insights and design for a self-service user experience on Power BI/Qlik Sense dashboards
Design, test interfaces, and maintain/enhance BI dashboards
Work with team members from other business functional and technology areas to develop effective BI & Analytics solutions
Prepare documentation including Requirements and Design documents, Configuration Workbooks, Test Cases other documentation as required through the project lifecycle
Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor´s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent; Master’s degree a plus
· 5+ years of experience in areas of Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Architecture, Data Visualization, Data Warehousing with Big Data solutions such as Hadoop/Hive
· 5+ years of experience reviewing and writing Technical & Business Requirements in relation to Business Intelligence, Data Management or software development projects
· You need to be able to build and run complex SQL queries
· 3+ years of experience with reports and dashboards development in Power BI, Qlik Sense or Tableau
· 3+ years of experience in operational, management or financial reporting
· Experience working with statistical tools like R or SAS, and exposure to AI and ML solutions with predictive modeling is preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
· Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and the ability to manage complex data requests.
· Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
· Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to business analysis.
· Extensive knowledge of Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
· Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
· Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong project management skills.
· Developed relationship management skills.
· Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
· Ability to identify and summarize relevant trends from market and industry data.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.