Your Responsibilities :
- Engage in one to one/many scientific dialogues with external experts around GSK's medicines and vaccines, enabling them to confidently discuss our portfolio with patients and the wider medical community and ensuring they are knowledgeable in identifying the right patient for the most appropriate medicines and vaccines.
- Act as an expert speaker at promotional and scientific events to disseminate information to larger groups of healthcare providers while stimulating clinical dialogue to gain different views and perspectives.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for Medical Information from healthcare providers in a fair, factual, balanced, and scientifically rigorous manner via the appropriate and preferred channel.
- Act as the interface between the professional healthcare community and the internal GSK medical team and its affiliates to bring in value-added insights that inform GSK Medical, Commercial, and Research & Development activities.
- Foster a collaborative working relationship with Sales Representatives and Commercial colleagues.
- Partner with matrix colleagues (e.g. sales, marketing, market access, etc.) to ensure strategies and business plans are both patient and business focused, and adding value to the external expert
- Disseminate important safety information to healthcare professionals as and when this emerges.
- Support GSK study teams with the provision of scientific education and enquiry management from investigators and staff engaged in GSK-supported clinical trials e.g. Investigator-Sponsored Studies (ISS).
- Provide scientific education training for business partners such as the Sales Representatives by being the local scientific expert for a medicine / vaccine or group of medicines / vaccines in a therapy area.
- Maintain a level of expertise in the evolving scientific / therapeutic area and in competitor medicines and vaccines.
- Attend scientific meetings and congresses to keep abreast of the evolving science in a therapy area and to confidently debate and discuss the science with external experts as presented at the meeting.
- Fully understand and comply with GSK standards and policies and with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met.
• A significant (e.g. 3 years) amount of pharmaceutical industry experience
• Medical Degree (MD, PharmD, Pharmacist, Nurse, PhD)
• Expertise in current or near future GSK therapy area
• Strong academic background having participated in, or led research projects and authored publications
Why GSK? :
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
At GSK Pharmaceuticals, we are changing the face of healthcare. We are involved in research, development and manufacturing of medicines for a variety of serious and chronic diseases, with market leading products for; Respiratory; Anti-Viral, Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular and Urogenital; Anti-Bacterial; Oncology; and HIV.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.