Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Kasondra Davis
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
About the Position
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to work on revolutionary tire technology? The Non-Pneumatic Tire (NPT) group at the Goodyear Innovation Center in Akron, Ohio does just that. We are looking for an outstanding Associate Development Engineer to join our hands-on team. The NPT group covers all facets of product development, including design, prototyping, experimentation and manufacturing. We are a cross-functional group including Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Manufacturing as well as Material and Reinforcement Science. This position will participate in the Design and Analysis of the product focusing, in particular, on the interaction of the components from a system perspective. This position will also participate in the Prototyping and Testing of NPTs both in the lab and on the test track.
· Meet internal & external customer requirements. Support overall department by following department processes.
· Employ systems engineering to ensure that high level customer requirements are properly translated into product requirements and component specifications
· Identify and plan product testing requirements through engineering principles as well as through canvassing organizational knowledge and design guidelines
· Use analytical and computational tools and synthesize results for product and component design
· Work closely with the manufacturing engineers to ensure harmony in product and process design
· Manage suppliers and external collaborators in design and prototyping activities.
· Perform basic to advanced data analysis and graphing using Excel, MATLAB or similar tools.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelors in Mechanical engineering required
· MS in mechanical engineering or related field desired
· Prior industry experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge in several subjects, in each of the following areas:
· Systems engineering and product requirements decomposition
· Risk analysis and management
· Basic mechanics of materials and interpretation of Finite Element Analysis
· Statistical design & analysis of experimental data
· Manufacturing process concepts
Demonstrated experience with:
· Product design and release in an automotive environment
· Identifying and addressing disconnects among system and subsystem designs, testing requirements and project planning
· Rapid prototyping in an agile environment
· Working closely with manufacturing during the product design phase
· Strong communication skills : capable of conveying information concisely to diverse audiences
· Teamwork skills : ability to thrive in a cross-functional team and deliver results on time
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go towww.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Clickhere for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, andhere for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, QA, Engineering, Quality