GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Engineering Technology
Lead and perform design and analysis of nacelle cover (composite) for wind turbines and their auxiliary mechanical components like structures embedded in the nacelle cover, metallic supports...
· The Design Engineer provides innovative design solutions and supports the product through the entire life cycle from conceptual design through design and development, testing, qualification, manufacturing and installed fleet support
· Design Engineers drive technical excellence and continuous improvement in the design, cost, producibility and reliability of the component(s) under their responsibility
· Design/Analysis by means of FEA and analytical methods (Extreme, fatigue and structural dynamics). Testing to prove component function and reliability
· Work cross functionally with Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, Services…as part of the product development cycle. Support them with issue resolution and quick corrective actions for design related causes (non conformities)
· Identify and execute cost saving ideas and strategies
· Drive quick, complete technical root cause analysis of field failures and identify design related corrective actions to prevent recurrence
· Drive lessons learned, best practices and standardization into drawings, specifications, design practices and processes
· Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Significant engineering experience in Design/Product Development of composite components
· Proven experience in design, analysis and manufacturing processes
· Fluent in English, written and spoken
· Strong communication, interpersonal and project management skills
· EU Work Permit
If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
· Working knowledge of Unigraphics NX 3D-CAD
· Working knowledge of Ansys/Workbench
· Knowledge of Standards and Design Codes
· Knowledge of different manufacturing processes
· Relevant engineering experience in Design/Product Development of wind turbine nacelles (composite)
· Engineering experience in medium-big size industrial companies. Ability to work with global team members across cultural boundaries
· Ability to work under pressure and challenging conditions. Strong desire and ability to drive improvement and change
· Willingness to travel
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us atGE Renewable Energy .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .