Healthcare USA & Canada
Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
· The Technical Support Engineer I (TSE I) drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence by providing technical support and counsel both remote and onsite to Field Engineers, Client Service Technicians, and Customers experiencing system performance issues.
· Be the technical resource for service-related escalations regarding the product family. If required, advise the customer install base in a specific geography, position may include Partial Relocation. 2nd Shift
· 1. Provide remote and on-site technical support for (insert modality).
· 2. Use successful, effective field experience and knowledge to provide technical support to FE’s, CST’s, and customers that may include both remote and onsite support.
· 3. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of modality products, service expertise, and tools to maintain “field advisor” status.
· 4. Utilize the GEHC escalation process as needed, working closely with local customer and national support to define and support implementation of corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
· 5. Utilize “Gameplan” tool to drive Service effectiveness. Contribute knowledge to the Problem Solution Database (PSDB).
· 6. Contribute to the improvement of productivity tools through idea generation, workout attendance, and small projects as required.
· 7. Support Material and Purchased Service cost improvement initiatives for the modality.
· 8. Within project engagement, act as a change agent/ field "advisor" in areas such as product serviceability and reliability, quality trend analysis, productivity program development and implementation, national modality program execution and new product introduction support.
· 9. Manage and support improvements in business processes that maximize competitiveness, enabling continued business growth. This may include leveraging service capabilities by increasing the number of customer systems connected to the internet to improve remote troubleshooting and remote fix rates.
· 10. Work with Modality / Service Engineering, Product Engineering and field support specialists to drive product quality, serviceability, and resolve formal customer escalations.
· 11. Coach and train FE's to ensure that technical and customer skills are up to date and meet the needs of the business. On occasion may serve as subject matter expert (SME) for FE modality training through the Service Quality Standard (SQS) training curriculum.
· 12. Identify field process improvements such as pre-PM work, PM cycle time, remote TTR work, field-based technical training to support use of remote diagnostic troubleshooting tools and processes in the field.
· 13. Identify field quality improvements to include hazardous/ non-hazardous complaints via Trackwise.
· 14. Travel to customer sites and support installations, FMIs and customer escalations (CSOs).
· 15. Maintain and enhance modality knowledge, such as: Networking / Dicom / Insite / PACS / OS field service experience, knowledge of legacy MR products. Knowledge and experience using Common Service Desktop, CRM and other remote tools as required.
· Minimum 4 years of field service experience or current FEII or FEIII qualification, or the equivalent external to GE with regards to the repair and maintenance of MR systems; demonstrated ability to handle/resolve difficult technical issues with advanced knowledge in applicable systems AND… High School Diploma/GED AND 5+ years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment, OR… Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering, or related field AND 3 years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment OR… Equivalent military education to Associates or Bachelor's degrees AND 3 years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
· Must have consistently performed as an FE II, or an FE III, or the equivalent external to GEHC before consideration of promotion to TSE I.
· Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
· Demonstrated ability to extract applicable information during a troubleshooting process and use that information to help resolve issues remotely.
· Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License.
· 1. 2 or 4 year degree in an Engineering discipline
· 2. Strong customer service skills.
· 3. Highly motivated team player.
· 4. Prior project or technical leadership experience.
· 5. Training skills
· 6. Networking certification, or related networking experience
· 7. Basic financial analysis abilities
· 8. Lean / Six Sigma Certified
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).