The Aviation tax team is responsible with managing and supporting the tax affairs of GE Aviation legal entities across the Asia countries
· Work with engaged accounting firm to ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the tax returns and schedules prepared.
· Collection, preparation & analysis of financial data, legal documents and other relevant info required for local tax filings/ tax audits and any other statutory requirements
· Provide/collate documents supporting the transactional data
· Prepare quarterly tax provision for businesses/divisions under your care, annual RTA, perform ASC740 and ETR analysis, validate tax balance sheet accounts, coordinate with businesses and local tax team with respect to valuation allowance and FIN48 reserve analysis
· Prepare (review) VAT/GST/CIT returns & reconciliations, including monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations before the return is filed
· Prepare prepayment settlement of outstanding CIT/VAT/GST and Tax liability if necessary
· Completion of VRT (GE Tool) as part of the VAT filing process
· Update eCompliance once the return is filed & upload filed documents electronically
· Assist with all tax operational matters and identify any compliance issues. Escalating matters to Tax Ops Leader for advice and resolution
· Provide audit support to external tax advisors including preparing reconciliations and collating requested information/documents.
· Support ad hoc projects as required
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Written and verbal fluency in English. Japanese and Korean a plus.
· 2- 3 years of work experience of CIT/VAT/GST in large multinational/ Big 4 or Shared Service Centre
· Experienced in CIT/VAT/GST processes and compliance
· Good communication skills
· Good analytical skills & ability to technically discuss with local/regional business controllers,
country Stat & Tax leader, business/corporate tax leaders and KPMG/auditors where necessary.
· Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
· Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
· Accountancy experience with knowledge of accounting systems; Oracle/SAP is an advantaged
· Knowledgeable of intermediate to advance MS Excel and Access are required skills
· Awareness of multi-jurisdictional tax systems (US and non-US)
· Understanding of differences in functional GAAP, STAT, local tax, and US tax currencies and the
tax treatment of FX accounting
· In-depth understanding of ETR rate drivers, and determining actions to mitigate them in future
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest calibertalent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products
or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.