Driving, high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you are expected to lead performance testing efforts across different product lines and engineering disciplines. You are expected to work with multiple projects with conflicting deadlines and in-compatible resource requirements. Using a wide range of tools and utilities, you identify performance related issues in the applications and systems and present your findings to other teams in the organization.
• Inspect current product to identify bottlenecks to redesign and refine product based on load.
• Define and implement a test infrastructure to ensure product meets its key performance indicator defined by stakeholders.
• Evaluate, use and promote a consistent set of tools for performance evaluation and analysis. Skilled in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
• Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
• Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
• Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on product performance measurement. Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
• Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build & performance testing processes.
• Articulates the need for scalability and understands the importance of improving performance through testing.
• Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
• Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences with detail and timeliness.
• Examines the structure and architecture of the software with an eye for performance. Identifies bottlenecks when possible.
• Ensures there's adequate planning for redesign and rescaling as loads shift. Ensures that code meets the design and includes the proper options for changing the configuration as demands shift with growth.
• Ensures that code standards are met. Ensures that architectural and design review includes a section devoted to Performance, Scalability, Reliability and Recovery.
• Ensure all performance requirements meet customer/product needs.
• Can clearly understand and articulate performance requirements for the product
• Skilled with using tools for performance analysis, identifying bottlenecks and troubleshooting.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Technical leader with extensive experience in architecture and measuring application performance of complex PaaS product environments.
• 10+ years of hands-on experience in closed network simulations and open network simulations
• Fluent in Gatling.io and Jmeter; Knowledge of other industry standard performance tools such as Loadrunner, httperf etc is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge of the inner workings of these utilities. Understand the key differences in the arrival patterns generated by these tools under different settings is a must.
• Proven records in root-cause analysis.
• Working knowledge of Queuing Theory.
• Prior hands-on experience with load test in Cloud set-up, especially as part of Cloud migration strategy is a big plus.
• In-depth knowledge in the stacks of common network protocols.
• Prior working experience with appliances such as firewalls, routers and load balancers is preferred
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, including stored procedures, data models, and transaction flows is required
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with engineers, product owners, and development managers, as well as other teams across the organization.
• Experience in statistical analysis is a strong plus.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com