All US cities
Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
The Staff Instructional Design Manager is responsible for the consistent development, deployment, and continual improvement of engaging technical and solution training for GE Digital and its global channels.
In this role, you will:
· Report to the Global Training Leader and work integrally with associated teams to create, manage, coordinate and deliver training (globally) to internal and external partners and customers. This will include select duties as Instructional Designer, project manager, and content developer.
· Successful candidates must work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and Services teams in the delivery of training programs.
· Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
· 3-5 years’ experience developing highly technical adult learning content
· 3-5 years’ experience managing course curriculum (added)
· 3-5 years’ experience with CRM, LMS and CMS
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to travel (10%)
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA, Chicago, IL, or Roanoke, VA
· History of developing and deploying training in multiple formats (eg. Print media, electronic documents, web pages, audio/video or podcast, multimedia presentations and training modules, distance learning, micro-learning components and deliverables).
· Works collaboratively across GE Digital to design and develop training (globally) to our customers and partners. This will include select duties as instructional designer, curriculum developer, project manager, and content developer. Successful candidates must work cross-functionally with Product Management & Marketing, Industry, Education, Sales Enablement, and Services teams to develop curriculum and deliver training programs.
· Solid understanding of cognitive levels of learning and related instructional strategies that drive Knowledge, Skill, and Judgement levels of learning.
· Strong knowledge of the following core development tools: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, CSS and HTML, screen-casting software (Camtasia, etc.), e-learning software (Articulate Storyline Captivate, etc.) and practical skills with of IS/IT systems (eg. Server & client OS, Databases & client tools, queries, web technologies)
· Understands prerequisites, curriculum design best practices and certification standards
· Experience and leadership leveraging voice of the customer in training design.
· Demonstrates success with basic content/workflow processes and developmental tools to lead world-class training production.
· Experience leading training design, production, adoption, and effectiveness analysis.
· Appraises and articulates the value of what is most important to the customer and how GE training products and/or services can meet those needs to drive customer success.
· Define course requirements, identify learning objectives, assess learners, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver training including consulting with education and industry program owners and subject matter experts to identify performance gaps and learning objectives.
· Manage multiple projects, timelines, and training portfolios to create learning inventory to support revenue goals.
· Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction across all projects. Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; at times, anticipates customer concerns before they become issues.
· Develop and lead creative training design/production environment that meets customer success goals/objectives through world-class development and learner engagement.
· Engages positively across multiple departments, GE businesses and customers to manage conflict and establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust in order to achieve a business goal. Models collaborative behavior to encode these behaviors among team members, fostering an environment of openness and mutual trust.
· Adjusts information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience. Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts. Informs stakeholders of key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary. Goes beyond merely presenting functional information, explains the story of the rationale and benefit of their ideas. Uses relevant and appropriate presentation techniques. Responds to questions and dissent in a constructive manner. Acknowledges limitations of one's own knowledge.
· Listens attentively; reads and exhibits proper body language in a collaborative setting to drive effective discussion; captures specific formation from the audience and validates it back to them for acceptance; ensures that the information was properly understood by reading verbal and non-verbal cues; asks both open and closed questions in a logical order to gather critical information.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.