Staff Enterprise Application Engineer
Description de l'offre
GE is building multi-disciplinary operations teams to focus on service delivery of cloud services consumed by GE businesses. These teams are composed of highly talented individuals obsessively focused on fast, efficient implementation, and performance. The ideal individual is relentlessly technical, passionate for automating everything and totally committed to delivering amazing customer experiences. This role is responsible for exceptional delivery of cloud computing tools.
• Create and deploy services and solutions developed to support GE business teams and their migration, development, and transformation of applications to GEIXCloud
• Partner with leaders in GE Software Development teams and business IT teams to implement future technology strategy, tools, processes and improvements
• Develop and maintain new tools and services to support rapid growth in cloud migrations
• Provide technical coaching and direction to more junior teammates
• Quickly respond and resolve critical service outages severely impacting consumers
• Assist in establishment of performance baseline, capacity thresholds, correlate events, and define monitoring/alerting criteria
• Assist in developing automated solutions to address potential problems before they result in a service interruption
• Do 24/7 support as part of a global team (3 timezones) to lead critical issue/problem resolution to complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation. Candidate may be required to be on-call.
• Work with 3rd party vendors and respective ticket portals to report software issues, coordinate hardware replacement, and resolve infrastructure issues.
• Develop and test automation for core OpenStack services (Image builds, repetativerepetitive operational tasks)
• Create system documentation/playbooks and participate in requirements, design and code reviews.
• Promote test driven development practices within the team, ensuring that unit test and acceptance tests are implemented to confirm that acceptance criteria are met.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, similar STEM degree, or equivalent practical experience
• Strong IT experience in enterprise-wide deployments
• Experience working with OpenStack related projects/technology (Nova, Neutron, Keystone, Swift, Glance, Heat, Ceph, RabbitMQ, MySQL/Galera )
• Able to plan, QC, and implement full stack maintenances to include Hardware, OpenStack, Ceph, and Container platforms
• Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies
• Expert knowledge of Linux operating systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat )
• Demonstrated experience scripting or developing software and services for the cloud in Bash, Python, Go
• Demonstrated Hands On Experience Developing Solutions with Cloud Orchestration/Automation Tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Heat, etc.)
• Thought leader, and/or certification in modern IT/developer operations
• Strong Knowledge of IP Networking including VPC’s, VPN’s, VRF, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls
• Understanding of SOA and REST
• Understanding containers and container management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift)
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.