GE is building operations teams focused on performance and availability of Compute and Network infrastructure consumed by all business segments. These teams are composed of highly talented individuals obsessively focused with availability through operational excellence. The ideal individual is relentlessly technical, passionate for automating everything and totally committed to delivering amazing customer experiences. This role is focused on delivering monitoring and automation capabilities.
· Lead development, deployment, and management of enterprise network automation tools
· Develop automated solutions to address potential problems before they result in a service interruption
· Create automation for programmatic deployment and management of automation tools used in the enterprise network environment
· Design and lead deployment of capacity models to baseline transactional load compared to resource performance and leverage data to predict overall system capacity
· Respond and lead resolution to on-call escalations for urgent issues
· Provide coaching and direction to junior team members to ensure they have sufficient guidance and technical leadership to successfully fulfill their duties
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, similar STEM degree, or equivalent practical experience
· Minimum 5 years IT experience in enterprise-wide deployments
· Minimum 3 years of experience managing Enterprise Networks
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be proficient at programming in Ansible, Chef, Python, or Puppet
· Strong background in network engineering and network automation
· Deep knowledge of IP Networking, datacenter network technologies, and internet routing protocols.
· Experience and desire to write clean, testable code with automated tests.
· Strong focus on complete automation and strong debugging skills.
· Ability to accomplish goals independently - highly result oriented.
· A strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience with Cisco Routers, Switches, ASA Firewalls, Checkpoint Firewalls and F5 devices
· Excellent hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
· Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.