As a cold rotor Staff Engineer in Large Military Engineering, you will be responsible for the design and development of cold rotor hardware on a growth NPI engine program called the F110-132D. In this role, you will build and utilize multiple skillsets including analysis, design, product definition, and manufacturing implementation in order to create next generation products.
As Cold Rotor Design Engineer for the Large Military Growth team you will:
· Be responsible for the design, analysis, and evaluation of cold rotors
· Drive this hardware through DDR, issue drawings, and complete qualification reports
In leading these projects, you will :
· Drive both cost and schedule, as well as formulating and implementing plans to achieve all commitments
· Own and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
· Execute, with limited guidance, the analysis and evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product and program requirements
· Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to challenges
· Provide technical mentorship to other personnel and assigned teams
· Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
· Bachelor of Science in mechanical or aerospace engineering from an accredited university or college
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in an Engineering position
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.